Moparts

71-74 Charger Body/Electric Assembly Manual

Posted By: proshiftcharger

71-74 Charger Body/Electric Assembly Manual - 06/16/23 03:10 AM

Members, can you please recommend a real good body & electrical assembly manual for 71-74 Chargers? My Charger is stripped down to the bare shell, every nut and bolt, glass, dash everything has been removed. Its been a long time but its finally time to put it all back together. Im looking for a good manual to help along with this process. Your recommendations are appreciated. Thank you.
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: 71-74 Charger Body/Electric Assembly Manual - 06/16/23 03:29 AM

Nothing better than the 1974 Dodge factory chassis and body service manuals.
Posted By: moparmike1

Re: 71-74 Charger Body/Electric Assembly Manual - 06/17/23 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by proshiftcharger
Members, can you please recommend a real good body & electrical assembly manual for 71-74 Chargers? My Charger is stripped down to the bare shell, every nut and bolt, glass, dash everything has been removed. Its been a long time but its finally time to put it all back together. Im looking for a good manual to help along with this process. Your recommendations are appreciated. Thank you.

You might want to look into these:

https://www.faxonautoliterature.com/1971-1972-Dodge-Charger-Body-Electrical-Assembly-Manual-Reprint

https://www.faxonautoliterature.com...ymouth-GTX-Satellite-Road-Runner-Sebring

Hopefully this helps.

Mike.
Posted By: 340cpe

Re: 71-74 Charger Body/Electric Assembly Manual - 06/17/23 01:03 AM

Bring it to me!

Attached picture DBEA5902-C177-4CC4-88DD-9AD8019C8A22.jpeg
Posted By: twinscrew698

Re: 71-74 Charger Body/Electric Assembly Manual - 06/18/23 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by proshiftcharger

Maybe this what you looking for?
https://shop.mmcdetroit.com/products/icca-judging-guidelines-dodge-1968-70-vol3-jmd-3
Posted By: 340cpe

Re: 71-74 Charger Body/Electric Assembly Manual - 06/21/23 02:12 AM

As Mopar Mark said you can’t beat the factory service and electrical manuals. I also have an early volume of the mmcdetroit restoration manual which has also been helpful. I do have some info that I documented myself restoring two of these cars and working on the third so if I can be any help just pm me. The 74 I pictured is one that I just recently completed.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: 71-74 Charger Body/Electric Assembly Manual - 06/21/23 06:15 AM

Buy a factory service manual, they have excellent schematics in them of all the electrical circuits for that year body style scope twocents I can
t remember the name of the company in Corona, CA now that use to sell originals as well as real good duplicates of them whiney Hopefully some one with a better memory will chime in and post on here for you luckhelp
Posted By: topside

Re: 71-74 Charger Body/Electric Assembly Manual - 06/21/23 03:57 PM

I would try Irv Bishko, or Ebay, or just google "Dodge factory service manual", they're around.

I've had them for all my cars - still have FSMs for cars I no longer own - and can't imagine working on a car without them.
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: 71-74 Charger Body/Electric Assembly Manual - 06/21/23 05:51 PM

Can't agree more on the factory manuals.

I like having both the normal version and the PDF. I find the book is easier to flip through to find stuff or to generally browse through but I like printing out the specific pages that I need from the PDF so that you don't get the manual greasy when when you're actually doing the work and dont have to flip back and forth through it.
Posted By: proshiftcharger

Re: 71-74 Charger Body/Electric Assembly Manual - 07/09/23 02:45 PM

Thank you for all the help and recommendations. I will be attending Chryslers at Carlise and know what to look for now. Hopefully I can find one there.
Posted By: steve70

Re: 71-74 Charger Body/Electric Assembly Manual - 07/10/23 12:14 PM

I downloaded the body manual here https://mymopar.com/service-manuals/
© 2024 Moparts Forums