Moparts

Reproduction Sheet Metal

Posted By: 6PakBee

Reproduction Sheet Metal - 05/15/23 02:28 PM

It seems like AMD is deserting all of the Mopar items for the '60's. What other options are there? The only one I can find is Sherman's and my experience from years ago was not good. shruggy
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Reproduction Sheet Metal - 05/15/23 02:32 PM

Goodmark is still making metal. AMD is done with A-Body parts for sure... frown

Re: Reproduction Sheet Metal - 05/15/23 02:36 PM

Should have been more specific, looking for quarters for a '69 Coronet and a '69 Roadrunner. I just stumbled across something called Golden Star but I've never heard of them.
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Reproduction Sheet Metal - 05/15/23 06:07 PM

Wow if they bail on a high production car like a 69 rr then what else would they be bothering with?
Posted By: belv2vert66

Re: Reproduction Sheet Metal - 05/15/23 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by 6PakBee
Should have been more specific, looking for quarters for a '69 Coronet and a '69 Roadrunner. I just stumbled across something called Golden Star but I've never heard of them.

I had good luck with them on an AC firewall for a B body
Posted By: bobby66

Re: Reproduction Sheet Metal - 05/16/23 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by SomeCarGuy
Wow if they bail on a high production car like a 69 rr then what else would they be bothering with?

Camaros and Mustangs?
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: Reproduction Sheet Metal - 05/16/23 12:43 PM

AMD still carries full quarters for 69 RR they are just out of stock, not discontinued. They did stop making lower quarter skins.

Re: Reproduction Sheet Metal - 05/16/23 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by moparmarks
AMD still carries full quarters for 69 RR they are just out of stock, not discontinued. They did stop making lower quarter skins.

I like your optimism but after watching AMD in action with Mopar sheet metal, if it's a right and left item such as quarters, when both are out of stock the items are discontinued. I hope you are right and I am wrong..
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Reproduction Sheet Metal - 05/17/23 01:31 PM

I suggest backorder them and wait. Especially the Plymouth right side, which seems to sell out faster than the left.

When they do have the parts on hand, they're gone in a couple weeks. I got the left side when I caught it in stock, but it is rare to do that... had to wait several weeks for the right side.

If someone hasn't ordered it, as far as amd knows, nobody wants it.

If they go out of business on this stuff, it will just send customers right to their competitors.
Posted By: PLUM_72

Re: Reproduction Sheet Metal - 05/17/23 08:28 PM

Just a general comment. Many things all over seem to be going to make to order. They don't make anything if there are not at least some orders placed against the part number. Seems keeping inventory is becoming taboo.
Posted By: 4x4 Roundup

Re: Reproduction Sheet Metal - 05/17/23 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by 6PakBee
It seems like AMD is deserting all of the Mopar items for the '60's. What other options are there? The only one I can find is Sherman's and my experience from years ago was not good. shruggy

If you haven't contacted Stephens Performance I would recommend it. They seem to know what's happening regarding AMD. twocents
© 2024 Moparts Forums