Moparts

Help I.d. this thing…ebody

Posted By: roadrunninMark

Help I.d. this thing…ebody - 11/09/22 01:37 AM

I was loading the car up to move and I noticed something on the very bottom of the dash that I have no clue what it is. It is a 71 barracuda. It has a part number on it of 269 95527. It is the triangular black piece that is bolted on with one bolt and can turn 360 degrees. Does anyone know what it
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Help I.d. this thing…ebody - 11/09/22 02:54 AM

one too many digits for a Mopar part number, should be 7

your pictures are asking for a password

Re: Help I.d. this thing…ebody - 11/09/22 03:57 AM

I m using an apple product and I don’t know how to post a pic vs the link thing. I’ll have to fix it later tomorrow when I get back on the PC. It does have 8 numbers though. I’ll erase links at this time.

Re: Help I.d. this thing…ebody - 11/09/22 11:03 PM

Ok, here are the pics...

Attached picture Unknown2.jpg
Attached picture Unknown1.jpg
Posted By: 71GTX471

Re: Help I.d. this thing…ebody - 11/09/22 11:07 PM

Thats a footwell vent, opening it allows more air around the legs/feet.

Re: Help I.d. this thing…ebody - 11/10/22 03:49 AM

Is it supposed to be connected to something, like a cable, on the other side of bottom dash, or where the raised piece of plastic is? shruggy Right now it is just a piece of plastic that will spin in a circle, around the screw. Are there any other pics of this thing connected to something? It is an A/C car.
Posted By: skdmark

Re: Help I.d. this thing…ebody - 11/10/22 04:33 AM

The left side of this tube goes to a vent next to the heater controls.
The right side connects to another piece of duct that transitions it to the heater box on the passenger side.

Both parts are pictured in this link

https://forum.e-bodies.org/parts-wanted/25/wantedneeded-right-away-acheater-duct-connectors/20937/
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: Help I.d. this thing…ebody - 11/10/22 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by roadrunninMark
Is it supposed to be connected to something, like a cable, on the other side of bottom dash, or where the raised piece of plastic is? shruggy Right now it is just a piece of plastic that will spin in a circle, around the screw. Are there any other pics of this thing connected to something? It is an A/C car.

No: just meant to be rotated by hand.
Posted By: BDW

Re: Help I.d. this thing…ebody - 11/10/22 01:31 PM

When you manually spin it, you will see holes in the AC duct, these let air into to foot well area.
That "part" is just a cover for those holes

Re: Help I.d. this thing…ebody - 11/11/22 12:23 AM

Ok, so if I understand you guys correctly, spinning the outside plastic piece opens a duct door on the inside, allowing the air to flow. That makes sense now.

I will have to look closer to see if it covers any holes. The car is enroute to GA finally. Supposed to arrive next week sometime.. woohoo
Posted By: RoadRunner

Re: Help I.d. this thing…ebody - 11/21/22 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by PhillyRag

No: just meant to be rotated by hand.

I wonder if these are in the operators manual?
Posted By: EV2RTSE

Re: Help I.d. this thing…ebody - 11/22/22 05:52 PM

Ok, so if I understand you guys correctly, spinning the outside plastic piece opens a duct door on the inside, allowing the air to flow. That makes sense now.

I will have to look closer to see if it covers any holes. The car is enroute to GA finally. Supposed to arrive next week sometime.. woohoo

The outside plastic piece IS the door. There is nothing else on the inside. There's one for the passenger side on this piece as well.

Attached picture diffuser.jpg
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: Help I.d. this thing…ebody - 11/22/22 09:05 PM

That is the heater/AC duct.
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: Help I.d. this thing…ebody - 11/24/22 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by 67vertman
That is the heater/AC duct.

That's true, but look on the right-hand side of it and you can see the little spinnable door. It would be easier to see if the pic was of the end of it instead of the front. up
© 2024 Moparts Forums