Moparts

62-65 interiors

Posted By: A727Tflite

62-65 interiors - 09/06/22 03:45 AM

Trying to find a few sources that do 63 interiors - door panels, seat covers, etc,

I have heard of SMS?

Any other good sources?
Posted By: GY3

Re: 62-65 interiors - 09/06/22 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Transman
Trying to find a few sources that do 63 interiors - door panels, seat covers, etc,

I have heard of SMS?

Any other good sources?

SMS is good but the wait is LOOOOOONG!
Posted By: topside

Re: 62-65 interiors - 09/06/22 03:05 PM

Early B stuff isn't easy. I think Legendary has door & quarter trim panels, but I'd check with the usual guys - Kramer, Suchy, etc - for sources.
About 12 years ago I bought material from SMS for my '63 & '64 Savoys; they were kinda slow then.
Bought more material from a place in MI called "Original Auto Interiors" IIRC. Friendlier prices & quicker service.
The guy there said they actually had some NOS full seat covers, which I also bought and used on the '64.
I had Just Dashes do the '63s door trim panels - twice as long (over a year) and over 50% more expensive than they'd quoted.
Haven't used them since, but doubt they're any better nowadays.

Re: 62-65 interiors - 09/06/22 09:20 PM

Has anyone used Gary Ball lately?

I see mixed reviews on him.

I have door panels, just need them done.
Posted By: michiganhotrod1

Re: 62-65 interiors - 09/20/22 02:34 AM

Sadly, the owner of Original Interiors sold to SMS and retired. Our loss.
Mark
Posted By: MI_Custumz

Re: 62-65 interiors - 09/20/22 09:50 AM

I have heard of SMS?

Any other good sources?

Have you tried to call CARS inc? They are local to you and I know they do Chevy stuff. Maybe they can do some Mopar stuff or know someone who does?

Re: 62-65 interiors - 09/20/22 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by MI_Custumz

I have heard of SMS?

Any other good sources?

Have you tried to call CARS inc? They are local to you and I know they do Chevy stuff. Maybe they can do some Mopar stuff or know someone who does?

I think the issue on the door panels comes from the fact they have a bunch of impressions - which I think require a heat pad with this impressions.
But I will check. Thanks.
© 2024 Moparts Forums