Moparts

Leaf Spring Paint markings/dab's??

Posted By: RJS

Leaf Spring Paint markings/dab's?? - 08/26/22 05:04 PM

Does anyone have the information or can direct me to where I can find this?
1972 B-Body 400 4bbl. automatic 8 3/4 rear.

Both are 5 leaf P/N 2835155 dated the 300th day of 1971.

Rear springs are original to my car but when I restored it back in 2015 I never took the time to look.
I found and reproduced the housing markings but not springs.

Thanks Ron
Posted By: fuelishnsilly

Re: Leaf Spring Paint dab's?? - 08/27/22 12:38 AM

should be on the front of the spring where the eye is for the perch. If you have painted over them, try taking some fine sand paper and lightly sanding off the paint to see what might be there still.

Re: Leaf Spring Paint dab's?? - 08/27/22 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by fuelishnsilly
should be on the front of the spring where the eye is for the perch. If you have painted over them, try taking some fine sand paper and lightly sanding off the paint to see what might be there still.

Just to be clear I'm not asking where I can find the dabs on the springs, I'm asking where can I find the information as to what color dabs for my application/part # springs.
Ron

Re: Leaf Spring Paint dab's?? - 08/27/22 12:56 PM

I'm surprised no one has any information on this subject??
Where to find literature on this or have a similar car to look at?
Ron
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: Leaf Spring Paint dab's?? - 08/28/22 11:13 AM

I dvr'ed a handful of graveyard cars episodes that show inspection marks...knowing full well my car isn't the same options as the ones they are marking. But I never plan to have my car around someone who would crawl under and actually say "well actually it's supposed to be...".... Yellow dab there, white dab here, call it good.

Re: Leaf Spring Paint dab's?? - 08/28/22 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by A39Coronet
I dvr'ed a handful of graveyard cars episodes that show inspection marks...knowing full well my car isn't the same options as the ones they are marking. But I never plan to have my car around someone who would crawl under and actually say "well actually it's supposed to be...".... Yellow dab there, white dab here, call it good.

Any of the markings etc... I do for when I'm under the car.
Ron
Posted By: twodoorpost

Re: Leaf Spring Paint dab's?? - 08/28/22 01:59 PM

I have a barely readable chart that says 2835155 has Lilac paint code.

Attached picture 1971 springs.jpg

Re: Leaf Spring Paint dab's?? - 08/28/22 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by twodoorpost
I have a barely readable chart that says 2835155 has Lilac paint code.

Now that's pretty cool information.
Is it saying that I should put just that one color or maybe the right side gets pink and the left gets pink and lilac??

Is it possible to show more of the chart so maybe I can get a feeling of how it deals with matched sets?

Thanks Ron
Posted By: twodoorpost

Re: Leaf Spring Paint dab's?? - 08/28/22 11:07 PM

The pink / lilac is for a car with one 3835154 (pink) and one 3835155 (lilac). You say both yours springs are both marked 2835155, so both would be lilac.

Re: Leaf Spring Paint dab's?? - 08/29/22 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by twodoorpost
The pink / lilac is for a car with one 3835154 (pink) and one 3835155 (lilac). You say both yours springs are both marked 2835155, so both would be lilac.

Now that you spelled it out makes perfect sense!!!

Thank you for taking the time.
Ron
© 2024 Moparts Forums