Moparts

Restoring Cuda/Challenger Door Handles

Posted By: BlackHemiChall

Restoring Cuda/Challenger Door Handles - 07/23/22 10:58 PM

Stephan from SF Restorations used to Restore E-Body Door Handles but has since retired.

Is there anyone else out there that does them?

Thank you

Attached picture Challenger Door Handles Restored.jpg
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Restoring Cuda/Challenger Door Handles - 07/24/22 04:02 PM

Years ago I had Special Ts do one for me, and then had Jules do another. The exterior parts of both finished handles turned out excellent, but the one Jules did, he restored all the interior components like springs, whereas the one Special Ts did, the springs and such still were sort of grimy.
Nothing you could see once installed, so didn’t bother me much.
You could try Special Ts and if the inside components matter to you, ask if he’d restore them too.

Re: Restoring Cuda/Challenger Door Handles - 07/24/22 05:17 PM

Great, Thank you Brad. I'll call them tomorrow.

Re: Restoring Cuda/Challenger Door Handles - 07/24/22 05:56 PM

I have a friend who does some trim resto but just for local friends. He helps Bill of Special Ts out sometimes.
He restored a front hood trim for my 71 last year and I traded him a core 70 Challenger R/T T/A grille I had kicking around for the work.
I’ll ask if he ever restored it and if so if he still has it and would sell it to you.
He restored the grille for my T/A and it’s beautiful!

Re: Restoring Cuda/Challenger Door Handles - 07/24/22 06:43 PM

Great, Thank You. I have (3) 1970 Challenger Grilles I need restored. Here's my email address and cell. ecotruckwash@gmail.com, 720-519-5326.

Re: Restoring Cuda/Challenger Door Handles - 07/25/22 06:08 PM

My friend who works with Special Ts said my old grille was restored and sold off a while back.
He suggests talking to Bill at Special Ts about your grilles too.
I’m very pleased with the one Bills friend did for me and expect Bills would be equivalent since they work together.
© 2024 Moparts Forums