Moparts

Will they ever make 1970 CUDA parking lens ever again?

Posted By: migsBIG

Will they ever make 1970 CUDA parking lens ever again? - 07/07/22 04:28 PM

It's been around 4 years now when they stopped making 1970 Cuda parkin light lenses. I know thse were popular since the repro grilles came out and people needed lenses to complete the assembly. For such a popular part to go extinct is very unusual. Currently only one new set is available and the person is asking $1400 for them! So I have my original pair in nice condition, but would like to get a set for backups. Any rumors on someone making them again soon or who was reproducing them originally and know why they stopped making them?
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Will they ever make 1970 CUDA parking lens ever again? - 07/07/22 05:18 PM

I don’t know, but I have a new unused set of the repops I bought about 10 years ago sitting in my living room cabinet. I run a nice but not perfect set of originals on my car. I think I paid about $150 for them back then??? I was surprised when they became available and decided to stash a set.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Will they ever make 1970 CUDA parking lens ever again? - 07/07/22 06:25 PM

Talk to Mike Ross at BEA Parts.

PG Classic was the manufacturer

Re: Will they ever make 1970 CUDA parking lens ever again? - 07/07/22 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by gtx6970

Mike got those from another source, but I doubt he would know why they stopped making them.
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Will they ever make 1970 CUDA parking lens ever again? - 07/08/22 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by migsBIG
Originally Posted by gtx6970

Mike got those from another source, but I doubt he would know why they stopped making them.

Mike knows exactly why they stopped making them
Posted By: HEMICUDA

Re: Will they ever make 1970 CUDA parking lens ever again? - 07/08/22 05:44 AM

Those were just one of the many exclusive licensed parts reproduced for me, the tooling is broke and will not be made again. And no, there wasn't a dealer on the planet that stocked those, what ever I have here is all that's left.

Re: Will they ever make 1970 CUDA parking lens ever again? - 07/08/22 04:13 PM

Thank you for chiming in Mike, good to know why they went away. How bad was the tooling that broke, would be repairing it be possible?
Posted By: 71GTX471

Re: Will they ever make 1970 CUDA parking lens ever again? - 07/08/22 10:42 PM

[ How bad was the tooling that broke, would be repairing it be possible? [/quote]
Or was it purposely broken so they could never be made again ?

Re: Will they ever make 1970 CUDA parking lens ever again? - 07/08/22 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by 71GTX471
[ How bad was the tooling that broke, would be repairing it be possible?

Or was it purposely broken so they could never be made again ? [/quote]

Tooling is pretty expensive so I can’t see someone breaking it on purpose when they can just shelve it and be done with it. Still, it’s a shame, but I guess that’s how it goes. I seen in mikes site that he has complete grilles with parking light. If the ad is not an old one, I might have to buy a whole grille then.
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Will they ever make 1970 CUDA parking lens ever again? - 07/09/22 06:31 AM

I think Mike is out of most of his parts now. He made a quality piece on everything he made. He spent extra on all the details in his manufacturing process. Some things happened and he just stopped making parts. Mainly, other people started making cheap crap and he did not want to make his good parts anymore. There’s more to it than that. I doubt he has a complete grille to sell or turn signal lenses.
Posted By: FC7cuda

Re: Will they ever make 1970 CUDA parking lens ever again? - 07/09/22 01:42 PM

I’ll have a pair of the BE&A lenses for sale at Carlisle next week if anyone wants a pair, my space E-50.
Posted By: 71redcuda

Re: Will they ever make 1970 CUDA parking lens ever again? - 07/10/22 06:43 AM

The BEA repro parts from Mike was the best parts i ever have seen.. really high quality stuff.

You cant say that for all other parts that is out there.
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: Will they ever make 1970 CUDA parking lens ever again? - 07/16/22 03:11 AM

Laysons
They still list them for $$$. I don't know if they actually have any.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Will they ever make 1970 CUDA parking lens ever again? - 07/18/22 07:54 PM

Check this place out. They don`t currently list them but they seem to be open to making others. www.micasymas.com

Re: Will they ever make 1970 CUDA parking lens ever again? - 07/28/22 09:38 PM

Special thanks to Mike at BE@A for coming to my rescue. He got for me from his personal stash some pieces for me and a pair I plan to gift to a friend that has helped me with my project. These are perfect and as with all of his products, are always top notch quality. That's probably why I bought one of his original reproduction grills when he had a good stock on them. Recommended parts source and should see the other products he offers.

Thanks again! up https://www.beaparts.com/
© 2024 Moparts Forums