Moparts

LEGENDARY INTERIORS

Posted By: SV_MOPARS

LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 01/06/22 03:59 AM

does anybody know why legendary does not offer 70 challenger seat covers in coachman grain in any color on the website anymore? i need white. kinda weird they dont atleast say not instock. only regal is offered. im starting to get a little worried here, i bought the rear coachman and have them installed in the car but have been waiting for the fronts for 4-5 months, im thinking the material is made in china and its being held hostage or ?. im gonna call in the morning but i already know what they are gonna say, we are backed up due to the scamdemic, bull.
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 01/06/22 07:10 AM

I have not bought in years but dealt with a middle man last 3 times.
It was priced better and had better service from Dante.

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 01/06/22 04:04 PM

i did contact dante's and they say 30 weeks out, really? how do you get that far behind with a few months off due to a scamdemic, not buying it. im thinking the material comes from china and is being held hostage and they dont want to admit it then they wont be able to say made in the USA. yes they are rude at legendary, not like dealing with somebody in the SOUTH, but my point is about the availability of the coachman grain material.

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 01/06/22 04:20 PM

just got off the phone with legendary, they have thousands of yards of the coachman grain material on the rack, they are 36 weeks behind because the new york gov shut them down for 4 months and then only let them open back up with half of the original staff, i said to him maybe its time to move out of new york and he said then i wont have a job, well i meant move the biz but apparently he was not the owner.
Posted By: burdar

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 01/06/22 04:39 PM

I ordered door panels through Dante back in November. I was told 32 weeks back then. Good thing I don't need them soon.

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 01/07/22 02:23 AM

well i called classic industries this morning and found out that the front seat covers i had on back order for 6 months or so miraculously showed up at there facility wednesday, i paid for them and they will be shipped out friday, patience is a virtue, but it seems the older i get the less patience i have. im also used to only waiting a few weeks for things, wow have things changed, this will probably be my last car that i do, i guess the 69 4 speed rust free b7 on b7 stripper gtx i have that needs restored will be on the chopping block one day.
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 01/09/22 03:21 AM

Glad it worked out for you.. I waited over 6 months for a set of custom wheels last year..Prepay, no estimated production/arrival date... Just fork over the money on a leap of faith... The new normal..

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 01/09/22 04:18 AM

yeah it really sucks to try and do things these days, we get really use to things being a certain way, now everything is a pita, oh well, my seat covers should be here by tuesday and in the car by the end of the week, that will wrap up the interior, hopefully the 500" shortblock will be home in a week or so.
Posted By: hemijimbo

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 01/26/22 02:29 AM

Took 6 months to get my seat covers for my charger from legendary
My seats had no rips but were dried out
Posted By: sixpacksteve

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 02/04/22 05:38 PM

ordered seat covers for my cuda from pg classic last thursday, and got them on tuesday.

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 02/04/22 08:20 PM

i dont think the pg classics come from legendary, BIG difference!
Posted By: superbee69

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 02/04/22 10:52 PM

Hope you put the PG covers on soon so we can have a quality report . I very interested
Posted By: antonellomopar

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 02/14/22 08:02 PM

Just placed an order with Legendary for a seat cover set to be used in a 70 Barracuda Gran Coupe and waiting time is 252 days. The seat covers for my Challenger should be ready in february after a 196 days wait, with order placed august 15.
Really speechless
Posted By: BigDaddy440

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 02/15/22 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by antonellomopar
Just placed an order with Legendary for a seat cover set to be used in a 70 Barracuda Gran Coupe and waiting time is 252 days. The seat covers for my Challenger should be ready in february after a 196 days wait, with order placed august 15.
Really speechless

They making you pay in full up front?

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 02/15/22 03:08 PM

Yes...Dante made me pay in full. I trust Dante though.
Posted By: antonellomopar

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 02/15/22 10:29 PM

Yes...evrything paid immediately
Posted By: MOPARMIKE69

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 02/16/22 04:44 PM

I had a guy that was stuck in the same boat of having to wait over 6 months for seat covers from Legendary. I recommended he go to a local interior shop that does excellent work. They were able to recover the seats in 4 weeks with the correct material and the results were great. Until the manufacturers can catch up give the work to a local shop.
Posted By: hemicar1971

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 02/16/22 08:38 PM

The world has gone stupid with the the new gas prices that have risen and risen. I wanted a set of rims custom made. Gave the offset and I know they are far from off the shelf rims. Ask about price, guy said have not idea because there could be two or three price changes buy then when they are made. You will just have to give a down payment and go from there and expect prices rises. All this Covid has sure screwed your hobbies up and then check out food prices.
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 02/25/22 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by burdar
Yes...Dante made me pay in full. I trust Dante though.

Dante is good People. He is one of the best MoPar vendors in the business.
Posted By: JH23

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 02/26/22 01:38 PM

Waiting over 6 months for a order paid in full? I hope all goes well without issue. Your credit card company might not let you file a dispute if there is a problem. Good luck.
Posted By: 71vert340

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 02/26/22 02:36 PM

I know there are other places that make interiors. SMS Fabrics out of Oregon had the material for my Charger headliner that Legendary did not have and they said they could make the headliner. They advertise interiors. Worth a shot. Also a local auto upholsterer said he could make seat covers in a few weeks as suggested by someone. Here's the websites of a couple of places you might try. May cost more but may be quicker.
https://smsautofabrics.com/
https://oemautofabric.com/
Terry W.

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 04/07/22 06:26 PM

Just got an e-mail from Dante. My door panels have shipped. Looks like it only took 21 weeks instead of the 32 I was told when I placed the order.
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 04/19/22 02:55 AM

I’m glad I ordered my seat covers and door panels from them in December of 2019 before the pandemic hit. It took a few months and the person screwed up the order by telling my they had installed the metal door inserts in a 1972 Charger panels (fun fact, they did not) and when I asked if I could send them to have my original panel metal inserts placed in the panels, was quoted an additional $500 plus shipping both ways. Kind of bummed about it. Didn’t feel like placing another order with them after that.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 04/21/22 11:34 AM

I just went into Legendary purgatory. Ordered an interior set for my '67 GTX from Dante. 42 weeks. But what options do you have, it's not going to get any shorter in the near term.
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 05/01/22 12:29 AM

Does anybody know if PUI has improved over the last 10 years, and what their time frame is like? They were hot garbage when they came out, but maybe they improved some over the years?
Posted By: fastmark

Re: LEGENDARY INTERIORS - 05/01/22 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by migsBIG
Does anybody know if PUI has improved over the last 10 years, and what their time frame is like? They were hot garbage when they came out, but maybe they improved some over the years?

Their headliners are junk. None of the seams are right. I ripped one because the seams were too close. Bought a legendary and problem solved
© 2024 Moparts Forums