Moparts

Source for RV2 A/C Compeessor Rebuid Kit?

Posted By: Jeremiah

Source for RV2 A/C Compeessor Rebuid Kit? - 10/31/21 05:03 PM

Howdy,

I am in the process of reinstalling the air conditioning on our 66 Coronet 500. I would prefer to go through the compressor however I am not finding parts other than Classic Auto Air. Is there a better place to source these pars?

Thanks for any insight!
Posted By: A12

Re: Source for RV2 A/C Compeessor Rebuid Kit? - 10/31/21 07:40 PM

You could buy this from NAPA and use it or rob the parts you need from it too if you don't find a source for rebuild parts.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/TEM252106?impressionRank=2

Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Source for RV2 A/C Compeessor Rebuid Kit? - 10/31/21 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by A12
You could buy this from NAPA and use it or rob the parts you need from it too if you don't find a source for rebuild parts.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/TEM252106?impressionRank=2

I see that the "Remanufactured compressors come with the R12/R134A/1234yf required O-rings /sealing washers to install the compressor" I didn't know that there were O-rings compatible with both R12 and R134A.
Posted By: njmopar

Re: Source for RV2 A/C Compeessor Rebuid Kit? - 11/01/21 02:43 PM

When I was going to reseal my compressor in my 79 Cordoba, found it easier to just get a reman off Rock Auto. Mine wasn't labeled clearly what oil was prefilled in it, so I flushed out with new PAG oil a couple of times to ensure I had compatible oil in it. I went through it checking all bolts and torques. I recall one bolt being incorrect and swapped from my old compressor. Been over 2 years now and that system is crazy cold. I did put a new expansion valve and evap as well, so that I am sure helped.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Source for RV2 A/C Compeessor Rebuid Kit? - 11/01/21 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by 6PakBee
I see that the "Remanufactured compressors come with the R12/R134A/1234yf required O-rings /sealing washers to install the compressor" I didn't know that there were O-rings compatible with both R12 and R134A.

"A better type of O-ring for air conditioning applications is HNBR which stands for Hydrogenated NBR (sometimes called Hydrogenated Nitrile, or Highly Saturated Nitrile Rubber, or HNB). The compatibility of HNBR with Mineral oil, PAG, POE, R-12, R-134a, R-1234yf is very good. Another advantage is that its temperature range is -22F to 302F. They are green in color."
Posted By: 71GTX471

Re: Source for RV2 A/C Compeessor Rebuid Kit? - 11/01/21 11:40 PM

Theres a complete RV2 on CL eastern NC $55
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Source for RV2 A/C Compeessor Rebuid Kit? - 11/02/21 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by John_Kunkel
Originally Posted by 6PakBee

"A better type of O-ring for air conditioning applications is HNBR which stands for Hydrogenated NBR (sometimes called Hydrogenated Nitrile, or Highly Saturated Nitrile Rubber, or HNB). The compatibility of HNBR with Mineral oil, PAG, POE, R-12, R-134a, R-1234yf is very good. Another advantage is that its temperature range is -22F to 302F. They are green in color."

Thanks, John. I have an assortment of green A/C O-rings but I was under the impression that they were R-134A compatible only. Thanks again.
© 2024 Moparts Forums