Moparts

1971 B-body bench seat 4spd boot.

Posted By: cdp

1971 B-body bench seat 4spd boot. - 10/09/21 01:32 PM

Does anyone reproduce the correct leather/vinyl boot that was used on the bench seat 4spd cars? I have a console version on mine and its already split from the handle....and I've yet to drive it on the road.

Thanks
Chris

Attached picture 4spd_boot.jpeg
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: 1971 B-body bench seat 4spd boot. - 10/09/21 02:39 PM

That is a 72-4 boot. 71 is a rubber double accordion style.
Posted By: Big-Bo-Hemoth

Re: 1971 B-body bench seat 4spd boot. - 10/09/21 03:20 PM

Detroit Muscle Technologies I used the bench seat shifter in the console position with buckets. Works if you are longer legged.

Attached picture '71 charger interior finish 3.jpg
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: 1971 B-body bench seat 4spd boot. - 10/09/21 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by moparmarks
That is a 72-4 boot. 71 is a rubber double accordion style.

I'd agree with you that's the norm...but I've seen two 71 GTX's with bench seat 4spds over the years (fairly looking original cars) with the leather boot....original?, GTX only?

But regarding the repro of the leather boot, I was looking for a repro a few years ago, nothing found, I haven't seen or heard of anything of late but you never know if someone out there has made a small run?.... the OP might be better off on the 71/71-4 B Body only Facebook forums to find one or an individual making them, you'd be surprised at what's out there being made/offered...

Mike
Posted By: Butterscotch71

Re: 1971 B-body bench seat 4spd boot. - 10/14/21 02:31 AM

My unrestored original interior 71 Runner built December 70

Attached picture IMG_0200.JPG
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: 1971 B-body bench seat 4spd boot. - 10/14/21 01:41 PM

I had a 71 Charger with the middle arm rest and 4 speed years ago that had what was left of the leather boot. I have seen a couple other of those boots on RRs/GTXs with bench or arm rest, too. The pic above of this shifter with a rubber pleated boot is the first time I have seen that one. Is that an extra bit of length at the bottom of that boot? I thought that the way that the shifter box came up through the floor kept the regular pleated boot from fitting in this application.
© 2024 Moparts Forums