Moparts

Original 2998956 radiators for e bodys

Posted By: Sammy

Original 2998956 radiators for e bodys - 06/17/21 12:30 PM

Are original hemi 6barrel 2997956 radiators still valuable or are the repops the way to go now.
Just wondering what a excellent original goes for with a new tank. Never used after replacing the tank.
I'm in the market for one.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Original 2998956 radiators for e bodys - 06/17/21 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sammy
Are original hemi 6barrel 2997956 radiators still valuable or are the repops the way to go now.
Just wondering what a excellent original goes for with a new tank. Never used after replacing the tank.
I'm in the market for one.

Go with Glen Ray, you'll be miles ahead with an ACCURATE repro along with top quality fit/finish vs trying to find and recore an original, the Glen Ray is a true open box, install reproduction component, spendy yes, but quality costs money
Posted By: mattsmopars

Re: Original 2998956 radiators for e bodys - 06/17/21 08:15 PM

I have had Bob at Glen Ray do several radiators for me as of now, At least 3 different cars. I can drive my 68 hemi bee on days when its 95 outside and the car run under 185-190 degrees. I have had him restore my originals , but i have no doubt that his reproductions are just the same quality. I would never spend the money for someone else to do one today. Like was said they are one of the few things today you will buy and get it out of the box, install and go. Highly recommend those guys!
Matt
Posted By: 5carguy

Re: Original 2998956 radiators for e bodys - 06/17/21 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by mattsmopars
I have had Bob at Glen Ray do several radiators for me as of now, At least 3 different cars. I can drive my 68 hemi bee on days when its 95 outside and the car run under 185-190 degrees. I have had him restore my originals , but i have no doubt that his reproductions are just the same quality. I would never spend the money for someone else to do one today. Like was said they are one of the few things today you will buy and get it out of the box, install and go. Highly recommend those guys!
Matt

GlenRay did two radiators for me.Just the best. up
Posted By: VCODE

Re: Original 2998956 radiators for e bodys - 06/17/21 10:03 PM

One more vote for Bob at Glen-Ray
Bob
Posted By: skdmark

Re: Original 2998956 radiators for e bodys - 06/17/21 10:49 PM

Another vote for Bob. Goes above and beyond.
Has done radiators, heat core and AC evaporator for me.
All rebuilds in my case.

Wouldn't hesitate to get a repro radiator from him either.
Posted By: DeMopuar

Re: Original 2998956 radiators for e bodys - 06/18/21 01:52 AM

Bob at Glen Ray is the way to go. A lot of money -- yes -- but worth every penny. It'll be a drop it in and be done with it part. The correct fan shroud will fit the car and the clutch fan will work properly -- the aluminum radiators or other repops cannot say that the original fan shrouds will fit -- not even close...........
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Original 2998956 radiators for e bodys - 06/18/21 02:46 AM

With Glen Ray buy it once, put it on and forget about it. You can be cheap, go third class then spend more when you keep messing with the off brands.
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Original 2998956 radiators for e bodys - 06/20/21 11:14 AM

Glen Ray is about as good as you can get. It’s all new brass and a better core than they made from the factory. The bottom tank is bigger as well. I had an oem tank crack from the inside after it was stored for a long time. After all, the brass is 50 years old. It’s not much difference in price really. Just pony up and do it once. It will last a long time.
© 2024 Moparts Forums