Moparts

Door glass plastic slide

Posted By: 4mopower

Door glass plastic slide - 04/21/21 01:27 PM

On my 68 Barracuda the glides or plastic slides on the door glass tracks are wore out.

Are these available to replace? From?

Thanks, John.
Posted By: ratroaster

Re: Door glass plastic slide - 04/21/21 02:21 PM

Megaparts has them.....Linky
Posted By: 4mopower

Re: Door glass plastic slide - 04/21/21 05:51 PM

Thanks I'll take a look.
Posted By: Silverbullet2

Re: Door glass plastic slide - 04/27/21 12:29 PM

Apologize for hi-jacking but I need some, (probably 4) for a 68 road runner post car. Just looked at Megaparts website and didn't find them. Do I need to call them?
Posted By: 69bfan

Re: Door glass plastic slide - 04/27/21 03:01 PM

If you are referring to the mylar glass channel runs, it is very unlikely you will find any from any of the major vendors. They have been out of stock since last November. Your best bet is posting a wanted to buy ad and see if someone might have a set that they are willing to turn loose with. The going rate for the factory OEM pieces is $600 to $1000 for a pair at this time. No definite ETA on the reproductions and the question of the fit and finish is questionable once they do come back available.

Re: Door glass plastic slide - 04/27/21 03:16 PM

Thanks 69Bfan. About what I was afraid of. I tried calling CI yesterday to get an ETA and never even got anybody to answer the phone.
Posted By: Chally426

Re: Door glass plastic slide - 04/28/21 12:33 PM

Partsmix is supposed to have them soon...

Re: Door glass plastic slide - 04/29/21 03:18 PM

YES! I see Partsmix is saying mid May. I think I salvaged enough from an extra set of doors to do my rear pop out windows, but It'd be better to have new ones for the front doors. Thanks!
© 2024 Moparts Forums