Moparts

Heater/AC control resto: 69-70 B-body

Posted By: hemi68charger

Heater/AC control resto: 69-70 B-body - 03/25/21 01:56 PM

Hey gang...

Looking to see if there is a service or process to restore to OEM condition the heater controls of our 68-70 B-bodies. I know the '68's are slightly different, so I'm more focused on the '69-'70 version. I wish to stray away from the decals for the lettering..

Thanks in advance..

Attached picture heater_controls01.JPG
Attached picture heater_controls02.JPG
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: Heater/AC control resto: 69-70 B-body - 03/26/21 01:43 PM

Instrument specialties will restore the buttons only or the entire unit. I sent buttons only. They do a very nice job. The Off Heat DEF plastic piece is an easy DYI item. Just SEM satin or semi gloss black paint and a white paint pen. See attached photo for example of buttons restored by IS.

Attached picture s-l1600.jpg
Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: Heater/AC control resto: 69-70 B-body - 03/26/21 03:37 PM

Thanks !! I'll check out their website..
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: Heater/AC control resto: 69-70 B-body - 04/05/21 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by 70gtx440dana
Instrument specialties will restore the buttons only or the entire unit. I sent buttons only. They do a very nice job. The Off Heat DEF plastic piece is an easy DYI item. Just SEM satin or semi gloss black paint and a white paint pen. See attached photo for example of buttons restored by IS.

I made a mistake here. The heater control I posted above was actually restored by Mike Mordarski of Michigan. The buttons were done by Performance Car Graphics. The photo below is actually the set of buttons I had done by Instrument Specialties. Sorry for the confusion on my side. PCG was a great source for source for this work. Too bad we lost Dave Patick.

Attached picture IMG_8819.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums