Moparts

69 charger Chrysler air tenp decal location??

Posted By: abodyjoe

69 charger Chrysler air tenp decal location?? - 03/19/21 05:29 PM

I have a good friend putting together a 69 charger. We were wondering if there is a specific location for these decals or did they just get thrown anywhere on the passenger side rear window? Were they only on one side of the car or were they on both sides? Thanks for any help.

Attached picture Screenshot_20210319-132459__01.jpg
Posted By: topside

Re: 69 charger Chrysler air tenp decal location?? - 03/19/21 05:38 PM

Rt qtr glass only, on mine it was near the rear bottom corner.
I've also seen them placed forward of that, though.
I'm referring to original cars/decals.
Posted By: a12rag

Re: 69 charger Chrysler air tenp decal location?? - 03/20/21 06:08 PM

Never say never with Mopar . . . .on my 70 Sport Satellite, factory AC car . . . tinted glass, all original - NEVER had a AC sticker on rear window ! . . . absolutely no residue of one being on there . . . when I restored the car, I did not put sticker on . . . .
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: 69 charger Chrysler air tenp decal location?? - 03/20/21 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by a12rag
Never say never with Mopar . . . .on my 70 Sport Satellite, factory AC car . . . tinted glass, all original - NEVER had a AC sticker on rear window ! . . . absolutely no residue of one being on there . . . when I restored the car, I did not put sticker on . . . .

and/or the original owner hated it & removed it when the car was new - or the new car prep "DUDE" thought it was just a sticker & removed it
Posted By: topside

Re: 69 charger Chrysler air tenp decal location?? - 03/20/21 07:25 PM

^^^ Yup. I know I removed one decades ago.
Unless an example is a known original untouched car, anything can happen over time, and often did.
I "personalized" several cars back in the day:
Painted my '69 Dart's grille like a GTS and removed "Western" from its WSS decals, for example.
Pretty much every car around me that was owned by younger folks was modified in some way.
I'm not categorically doubting factory errors, but a lot of people use contaminated evidence as "proof"...
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: 69 charger Chrysler air tenp decal location?? - 03/21/21 06:28 PM

This has come up before with the Scat Bee decals in the rear quarter windows also.

The decals are thin and fragile.

That said, in any area with frost an ice scraper used on the inside of the windows just wipes the decals out.
Posted By: GTSDart340

Re: 69 charger Chrysler air tenp decal location?? - 03/21/21 07:22 PM

My 68 Dart has it in the lower rear corner of the rear glass. It's crooked from the factory.
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: 69 charger Chrysler air tenp decal location?? - 03/21/21 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by 6bblgt
Originally Posted by a12rag

and/or the original owner hated it & removed it when the car was new - or the new car prep "DUDE" thought it was just a sticker & removed it

Back in the day many new car customers asked to have them removed. Personally I took every one off on any car I owned. As far as location right rear quarter glass and the lower rear corner.
Posted By: A12

Re: 69 charger Chrysler air tenp decal location?? - 03/22/21 06:12 AM

One, right rear quarter glass, low as stated....................................................just like the small single pentagon emblem "curb side" on the lower right passenger's (curb)side they wanted those that were walking by to notice it...........also so noticeable when passing all of those non-Mopars grin

Attached picture DSC02317 (2).JPG
Posted By: charge70

Re: 69 charger Chrysler air tenp decal location?? - 03/22/21 12:08 PM

I think the location of the A/C decal might be an assembly plant difference.In 1969,Chargers were built in 2 different plants.I have seen that decal at the rear of the 1/4 glass and I have also seen it at the leading edge of the 1/4 glass.It's anyones guess on where that decal actually goes.I can't remember seeing an A/C car without that decal on it.
Posted By: A12

Re: 69 charger Chrysler air tenp decal location?? - 03/25/21 04:34 AM

But always "curb side" and always on tinted glass....................or could you get A/C without tinted glass?
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: 69 charger Chrysler air tenp decal location?? - 03/25/21 05:32 AM

I recall seeing Chargers with the "Air-Temp" decal forward on the RH 1/4 window - but can't find a picture

tinted glass was recommended, not mandatory & not included - I have a broadcast sheet for a '68 Charger R/T with A/C & clear glass - but have no idea if the car had a decal - I would ASSUME all A/C cars were intended to have the decal
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: 69 charger Chrysler air tenp decal location?? - 03/25/21 10:00 AM

discussion here... http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=86147.0
© 2024 Moparts Forums