Moparts

70 Cuda trunk lock cover screws

Posted By: TX9AAR

70 Cuda trunk lock cover screws - 01/21/21 05:23 AM

What is the correct finish for the screws that hold the trunklock rod cover on a 70 Cuda my Dave Wise book says phosphate but I want to make sure. My car didn't have the cover. Thanks
Posted By: HEMICUDA

Re: 70 Cuda trunk lock cover screws - 01/21/21 07:28 AM

That is correct, with a captured external star washer on the screw.
Posted By: TX9AAR

Re: 70 Cuda trunk lock cover screws - 01/21/21 03:27 PM

Thanks Mike

Re: 70 Cuda trunk lock cover screws - 01/22/21 08:19 AM

up
Posted By: m46rat

Re: 70 Cuda trunk lock cover screws - 02/01/21 09:55 PM

Unless your car is an L.A. made car, then the screws are completely different and have no captive toothed washers.
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: 70 Cuda trunk lock cover screws - 02/01/21 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by m46rat
Unless your car is an L.A. made car, then the screws are completely different and have no captive toothed washers.

My ‘72 came with small Phillip-head screws. I don’t see a washer.
Posted By: JRepucci

Re: 70 Cuda trunk lock cover screws - 02/03/21 04:07 AM

Post a picture of an LA cover screw please.

Re: 70 Cuda trunk lock cover screws - 02/04/21 10:26 AM

I always thought that also until a customer brought in his survivor type rust free 6bbl in the shop that we are in the process of doing some minor paint touch up work on. All the screws have the captured external lock washers exactly the same as my personal 4k mile survivor.

Re: 70 Cuda trunk lock cover screws - 02/16/21 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by JRepucci

Post a picture of an LA cover screw please.

Picture attached.

Attached picture 52B8F777-4DF5-45EF-AF0D-25EB6148043C.jpeg
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: 70 Cuda trunk lock cover screws - 02/17/21 05:51 AM

Who sells the correct screws? AMK?
Posted By: biggE

Re: 70 Cuda trunk lock cover screws - 02/17/21 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by HEMICUDA

I always thought that also until a customer brought in his survivor type rust free 6bbl in the shop that we are in the process of doing some minor paint touch up work on. All the screws have the captured external lock washers exactly the same as my personal 4k mile survivor.

All I've ever seen are the screws that Mike referenced on LA cars. In the group of guys that I've known in CA including myself a lot of LA cars have passed through our hands over the years. I'd say that someone on the assembly line used the wrong screws on a few cars I'd say the screws that you have pictured are possibly roof rail or drip molding trim screws.

Re: 70 Cuda trunk lock cover screws - 02/18/21 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by biggE
Originally Posted by HEMICUDA

All I've ever seen are the screws that Mike referenced on LA cars. In the group of guys that I've known in CA including myself a lot of LA cars have passed through our hands over the years. I'd say that someone on the assembly line used the wrong screws on a few cars I'd say the screws that you have pictured are possibly roof rail or drip molding trim screws.

All four of my L.A. made cars have the same screws on the trunk lock cover.
© 2024 Moparts Forums