Moparts

Convertible glass: Auto City Classic

Posted By: 70runner

Convertible glass: Auto City Classic - 08/26/20 05:16 AM

My 70rr convertible passenger door glass has a pretty good chip on the top edge, so started looking for a replacement. Auto City Classic is the only source I could find for replacement 69-70 b body convertible glass. I researched here and a couple other mopar sites, but couldn't find much info on ACC in mopar terms. Some chebbie/ford sites popped up on google and were somewhat favorable. Ordered one (clear) and got it today. Overlayed/compared it with the original. Very impressed, holes line up, dimensions and contours appear identical. Only difference I can spot is the front upper notch, sharp edges for the OE glass, rounded a bit on the ACC glass. Now that I've done this comp, ordered a passenger qtr glass. My OE is badly scratched. For those of you with 69-70 b ragtops, based on this one piece, I would say ACC is a legit source for glass. Their prices are decent as well. I'll do a followup when the qtr glass arrives. Pic1 is the ACC glass, pic2 is the source sticker with DOT marking, pic3 overlay (OE on top), pic4 is the notch area.

[Linked Image]; [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]; [Linked Image]
Posted By: hotairballoonpilot

Re: Convertible glass: Auto City Classic - 08/26/20 06:15 PM

We put the kit for a 55 crown vic and a 65 chevelle in from them. Did not compare to original glass but they all went in just fine if that means anything.
Posted By: astjp2

Re: Convertible glass: Auto City Classic - 09/23/20 01:48 PM

How do these compare to the AMD?
Posted By: 71vert340

Re: Convertible glass: Auto City Classic - 09/24/20 05:36 PM

I replaced my driver's door glass in my 71 Challenger convertible because of a chip in the original. It went in with no problems and fit's like the original.
Terry

Re: Convertible glass: Auto City Classic - 09/24/20 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by astjp2

AMD doesn't make side glass for 68-70B convertibles. Their 67B hardtop/conv windshield glass fits 68-70B convertibles.
Posted By: astjp2

Re: Convertible glass: Auto City Classic - 09/24/20 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by 70runner
Originally Posted by astjp2

AMD doesn't make side glass for 68-70B convertibles. Their 67B hardtop/conv windshield glass fits 68-70B convertibles.

I should have clarified, the amd windshield....

Re: Convertible glass: Auto City Classic - 09/25/20 09:28 PM

I did use the AMD convertible windshield, circa 2010, on the RR. Fit and thickness were perfect.

Attached picture installed2.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums