Moparts

Source for good Challenger RT body stripes

Posted By: Moondog

Source for good Challenger RT body stripes - 06/10/20 01:17 PM

I just bought a set of stripes for my 70 Challenger RT, black in color, along with the hood blackout from a well known vender.(I would rather not name names). The hood blackout had diagonal scars across it, making it unusable. The body side stripes from the same kit had marks on at least 2 pieces. I want a nice set of the above, and am afraid to make the same mistake. Who makes a good quality stripe and blackout kit, please.
Posted By: Neil

Re: Source for good Challenger RT body stripes - 06/10/20 02:14 PM

Try Performance Car Graphics?
Posted By: 44D6PAKCUDA

Re: Source for good Challenger RT body stripes - 06/10/20 04:05 PM

I know Dave from ESC put in a lot of research making the side stripes and are available thru them.
Posted By: floyd

Re: Source for good Challenger RT body stripes - 06/10/20 05:00 PM

Jim beat me to it.

http://www.ecsautomotive.com/productdesc.php?co=c&id=70
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Source for good Challenger RT body stripes - 06/10/20 09:47 PM

ECS...x3
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Source for good Challenger RT body stripes - 06/10/20 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Neil
Try Performance Car Graphics?

I used the PCG stripes on my old challenger. I wasnt happy with how they DIDNT follow the body line on the sides like they should
Posted By: Moondog

Re: Source for good Challenger RT body stripes - 06/11/20 05:58 PM

Thanks for the input everyone. I spoke to a Mopar restorer who does an amazing job, who suggested Performance Car Graphics, and another said Dave at ECS. I wish I could order both and compare side by side. I have been happy with ECS in the past, and will probably give them a shot first. Will check back later.
Posted By: njmopar

Re: Source for good Challenger RT body stripes - 06/11/20 06:31 PM

For my 68 GTS with the body length longitudinal stripe I went with PCG. Quality product and made correctly. Some vendor end the stripe incorrectly at the rear.
I had a "fuel issue" over the winter, long story, and had to get a replacement 1/4 section. Dave was nice enough to sell me just the 1/4 part.
He is a great guy, very into is products.
Posted By: floyd

Re: Source for good Challenger RT body stripes - 06/11/20 06:54 PM

Personally, I would go with ECS on these. I too have heard good thing about PCG, but ECS did these stripes because there weren’t any correct 70 Challenger stripes on the market. It’s the only body stripe kit they offer and ECS quality is exceptional.
© 2024 Moparts Forums