Moparts

JS RESTORATIONS

Posted By: JIM ROBERTS

JS RESTORATIONS - 04/13/20 05:06 PM

HELLO, HAS ANYBODY HEARD FROM JIM AT JS RESTORATIONS ? SENT A DIMMER SWITCH FOR A 1970 CHARGER ON MARCH 5TH AND CAN'T GET HOLD OF HIM? I HAVE TRIED TO EMAIL AND CALL WITH NO RESPONSE ? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED, THANK YOU.
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/13/20 05:15 PM

Keep trying......he is pretty hard to reach.

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/13/20 05:35 PM

HOW WOULD YOU RECOMMEND GETTING HOLD OF HIM ? I HAVE E-MAILED HIM AND CALLED SEVERAL TIMES. HE TOLD ME TWO OR THREE WEEKS, MY DASH CLUSTER IS OUT AND CAN,T DRIVE IT AND THE WEATHER IS GETTING NICE ??
Posted By: Suregrip391

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/13/20 05:39 PM

Hang in there. Jim is a GREAT guy and I’m sure he’s backlogged. Hopefully he’s ok. He won’t do you wrong.

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/13/20 05:43 PM

OK BUT NICE WEATHER IS AROUND THE CORNER AND MY CHARGER IS JUST SITTING IN MY PLOE BARN UNUSABLE AT THIS TIME. shruggy
Posted By: markz528

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/13/20 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Suregrip391
Hang in there. Jim is a GREAT guy.

Oh no he is not. He could not follow my simple instructions on shipping and which switches to restore (I sent him a couple of each so he could choose the best cores). Then he got seriously bent out of shape.

I will find someone else to do my work instead of him or I will do them myself.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/13/20 08:56 PM

Mr,Roberts no need to yell. grin
Posted By: 76orangewagon

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/14/20 12:25 AM

I just spoke with Jim Saturday...your parts are in good hands ...heck your switch is probably one of these on the table for assembly, I noticed all these in the background of one of the photo's he sent me of my part. 99.9% of people are extremely satisfied with his work, he's a one man band and makes all these replacement parts even the rivets.

Attached picture IMG_3017.JPG
Posted By: plymth70

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/14/20 10:45 AM

Keep trying. His work is worth the wait.
Posted By: HEMICUDA

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/14/20 12:40 PM

Not sure this would have been the best approach Jim. As a professional restorer, I will never let anyone touch any of my electrical parts other than Jim, he is without question, the best in the hobby bar none. I've been friends with Jim for many years and I'm guessing with the 3 posts you have, this might be your first car that needed his type of talent? This hobby is extremely small, for us that have been in it for any length of time, will tell you Jim is definitely in the "Good Guys and Buddy Club" and anyone that tells you different is one of those that, no matter what you do, will never be happy.
Posted By: randavis

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/14/20 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by plymth70

I'll second that. He did the dimmer for my Challenger. It's perfect. He sent before and after pics while he was doing it.
Posted By: VCODE

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/14/20 04:10 PM

His work is worth the wait.

I'll second that. He did the dimmer for my Challenger. It's perfect. He sent before and after pics while he was doing it. [/quote]

I third that. He does all my switches.
Bob
Posted By: JMCFAN

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/14/20 04:35 PM

You sent it on March 5th..???
This is not the hobby for quick turn around resto work......
Posted By: PLUM_72

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/14/20 07:05 PM

I am patiently waiting for my dimmer switch as well. My switch went to Jim in January. He has emailed me back during that time with some updates. With the weather turning nice I would like to get things back together.
Posted By: markz528

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/14/20 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by plymth70

I did not have any problem with his work. Dealing with him was the issue. I also know a restorer that also had a total falling out with him.

BTW - this has been hashed out before on this forum. This is one of them...........

Moparts Post
Posted By: copchaser

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/15/20 02:16 PM

He's a good guy. His work is worth the wait. Just calm down and wait. You will be very happy.
Posted By: RealWing

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/17/20 07:11 PM

I emailed him a few days ago about my WW wiper switch restoration and got a reply in a couple of days.
He has had the switch for just over a month and said it will be ready to ship this week.
Jim

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/22/20 06:35 PM

Good afternoon i would like to let all of the people that follow this site that Jim from JS Restorations did contact me and all is well. He shipped my dimmer switch and i should have it tomorrow. I made a couple of posts a few weeks ago and would like to explain. I made the posts in caps which i did not realize meant that i was yelling. This was not my intention. Jim explained his situation and he had a set back and all is well !! Thanks for taking time to read this.
Posted By: 469runner

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/23/20 03:17 PM

Thanks for following up.
Posted By: moparx

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/23/20 03:38 PM

thanks for letting us know all is well now. up
beer
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/23/20 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by 70gtx440dana
Keep trying......he is pretty hard to reach.

Never had a problem,called him,always answered. shruggy
Posted By: fuelishnsilly

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/24/20 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by JIM ROBERTS
Good afternoon i would like to let all of the people that follow this site that Jim from JS Restorations did contact me and all is well. He shipped my dimmer switch and i should have it tomorrow. I made a couple of posts a few weeks ago and would like to explain. I made the posts in caps which i did not realize meant that i was yelling. This was not my intention. Jim explained his situation and he had a set back and all is well !! Thanks for taking time to read this.

Nice that you came back on here and updated everyone. I've heard good things about JS Restorations.
Posted By: Slotts

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/25/20 07:19 PM

First, I would like to make a huge THANK YOU shout out to my current clients for their patience and understanding! Yes, I have been not taking calls for a while. Emails have been returned sporadically on inquiries and a poor turn around time on orders that are still in my shop. My concentration has been focused on working on orders to break open the log jam.

All of the above qualities you want in a vendor, right? I sent out an email blast making the current clients at the time aware of what happened. In January, I had a heart attack. Long story short, I needed emergency surgery and a second follow up surgery because there would have been too much work to go through at one time.

The cardiac surgeon told my wife, after the first surgery, was that I almost met the widow maker but made it through. Thank you Jesus!

I was furloughed for a couple of months at doctor’s orders. After that, I was required to ease back into working in middle of March. When I felt tired, I had to hit the bed and rested. That goes against 180 degrees on how I typically work. Twelve hours is a typical working day for me and was dealing with some days of on four hours and that was enough.

At the beginning of April, I have been feeling so much better than before the heart attack. You just cannot prepare for one or the aftermath that comes along, too.

I am trying my best to get out of the hole that I found myself in. At this time, I am not taking on any new orders until all of the current orders are completed. I will post on my JS Restorations thread when I am ready to take on new orders.

Thank you all for the support given by the members here, the read and your understanding. Thank you Jim (OP) for your clarification post, too!

Jim
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/25/20 09:32 PM

Glad you made it through! up
Posted By: larry4406

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/25/20 10:14 PM

Wish you a quick and healthy recovery!
Posted By: chrisf

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/25/20 10:16 PM

i had a heart attack two years ago and bypass surgery. i was amazed at how probably 70% of my customers were understanding and supportive and the other 30% told me EXACTLY the same thing. "you gotta take it easy and heal up........just get my stuff done first" ya, most of that 30% i wont even answer the phone for now.
as long as your killing yourself (literally) they are happy. look after yourself first, they sure are not going to
Posted By: 70runner

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/26/20 01:52 AM

As someone who recently (March) survived a 99% blockage of the widowmaker (Left Anterior Descending artery), your story sounds painfully familiar. Good that you are able to update everyone. Best of luck in your recovery.
Posted By: fuelishnsilly

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/28/20 04:03 AM

Jim,

Glad to hear that you are still with us. I've been neglecting going to my doctors mainly because I haven't had the time working as much as I have to pay down bills. Hearing your issues, I'm going to be scheduling a complete physical ( I haven't had one in probably a good five years !) as soon as my doctor starts taking patients in again cause of this virus crap. Just take care of yourself and work will still be there for the customers who appreciate you for the work you do.

Stay strong and healthy man !
Posted By: 71redcuda

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 04/30/20 09:23 PM

Glad to hear that you made it Jim!

Hope you recover soon! You need another co-worker..

Take care
Posted By: 71TA

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 05/03/20 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by chrisf
i had a heart attack two years ago and bypass surgery. i was amazed at how probably 70% of my customers were understanding and supportive and the other 30% told me EXACTLY the same thing. "you gotta take it easy and heal up........just get my stuff done first" ya, most of that 30% i wont even answer the phone for now.
as long as your killing yourself (literally) they are happy. look after yourself first, they sure are not going to

I remember Jules (the wiper man) telling me he was literally near death (died of cancer) and angry customers would call to rip him a new one knowing full well what he was going through. Sad.
Posted By: JMCFAN

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 05/03/20 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by 71TA
Originally Posted by chrisf

I remember Jules (the wiper man) telling me he was literally near death (died of cancer) and angry customers would call to rip him a new one knowing full well what he was going through. Sad.

I think I got one of Jules last wiper motors,, I was in communication with him and told him just send it back....no worries.... I heard he had passed...and got my restored motor a few days later.. proud to display it!!!!
Posted By: Barrelhouse

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 05/05/20 06:16 PM

Hello Jim at JS Restorations the only thing that matters is your health get well.
Posted By: BillyBee

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 06/06/20 03:26 PM

Has anybody heard from Jim at JS Restorations lately? It would be good to know if he's feeling better.

Jim can you let us know how you are doing?

Thanks.
Posted By: RealWing

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 06/06/20 03:30 PM

I talked to him recently and he was much improved. Was only working on backlogged restorations for now.
Posted By: BillyBee

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 06/06/20 03:37 PM

Good to hear. Thanks!
Posted By: CudaBrown

Re: JS RESTORATIONS - 07/14/20 08:05 PM

Update: Jim just finished my switches and relays. Awesome job! up
If you are waiting on parts from Jim, be patient, he is working through the back log and you won't be disappointed in the results. He sent be a nice email regarding the delay, and appears to be doing well too.

Thanks again, Jim!! God's speed.

Attached File
Attached File
© 2024 Moparts Forums