Moparts

E-body rear window louver install questions

Posted By: jeff968

E-body rear window louver install questions - 04/06/20 02:03 PM

Hi, installing a set of louvers on the T/A and I have 3 questions:

1) Does the lanyard screw install on the inner louver support or the outer? This is for the lanyard that holds the pin clip.
2) Does the gasket on the pin install inside the trunk compartment or outside on the exterior?
3) How should they fit when installed? Should they be snug or tight against the roof? Trying to determine how much PIN should be exposed.

Thanks!
Posted By: biggE

Re: E-body rear window louver install questions - 04/06/20 03:02 PM

Here are some pictures I have

Attached picture 4432916-71Louvers3sma.JPG
Attached picture 4432017-71Louvers4a.JPG
Attached picture 4432025-71Louvers1sm.JPG

Re: E-body rear window louver install questions - 04/06/20 03:18 PM

Perfect! Thanks!
Posted By: spk2go

Re: E-body rear window louver install questions - 04/06/20 07:46 PM

If I remember correctly, Challengers and Cudas louvers are different. Challenger louvers will fit OK on a Cuda, but Cuda louvers will fit poorly on a Challenger.

Re: E-body rear window louver install questions - 04/07/20 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by spk2go
If I remember correctly, Challengers and Cudas louvers are different. Challenger louvers will fit OK on a Cuda, but Cuda louvers will fit poorly on a Challenger.

Ha, someone would do that? I have Challenger louvers on my Challenger. The questions I have above would apply to both kinds.

Still wonder how tight they should be against the car. The Pins can be adjusted for the snugness. Thx
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: E-body rear window louver install questions - 04/07/20 08:57 PM

I had added Challenger louvers to my T/A years ago that I’d bought from a guy who had a Cuda, because they didn’t work on his car.
And I had a 71 Cuda 340 that had louvers and they sure didn’t look like they’d work on a Challenger.
I didn’t put the louvers back on the Challenger when I restored it, but they didn’t fit that snug against the sides when they were installed on it. I don’t recall them being adjustable.
© 2024 Moparts Forums