Moparts

e-body 3 spd reverse light option?

Posted By: jeff968

e-body 3 spd reverse light option? - 02/24/20 04:26 PM

One of the things that makes a 3 speed manual transmission e-body unusual is that lack of the reverse light indicator on the dash. This "safety" feature was standard with the 4 speed but not with the 3 speed manual. I noticed in pictures of the GYCs 71 'Cuda 340 3 speed FC7 convertible that it has the light on the dash! Does anyone know if the light was available as an option on a 3 speed car and the car could have come that way or was this just added by GYCs? Thx
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: e-body 3 spd reverse light option? - 02/24/20 09:14 PM

It was a 4-speed only thing regardless of body type.

As far as using anything by GYC as a reference, thanks, I needed a laugh.
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: e-body 3 spd reverse light option? - 02/24/20 10:26 PM

Any chance it was a seatbelt light, if the car had deluxe seatbelts it would have a light that looks very similar in the same general location.
I've watched some of the episodes with the cuda but always fall asleep in the middle of the show, so I was nodding off when they showed the dashboard for that car after they assembled it.
Posted By: jeff968

Re: e-body 3 spd reverse light option? - 02/24/20 11:42 PM

Thank you Barry. I knew you would know and agreed on GYCs.

But Mike, you bring up a great point. It is possible that it could be the seat belt light. I guess someone will have to see the car in person to say for sure. Still, I'd bet it is the reverse light.

Thanks!
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: e-body 3 spd reverse light option? - 02/25/20 04:50 AM

was there a "deluxe seat belt" OPTION for an E-body after 1970? work
Posted By: 70plymA34

Re: e-body 3 spd reverse light option? - 02/27/20 08:49 PM

also wouldnt the seatbelt light be indexed a few inches to the right of where the reverse light indicator would go.(with or without reverse light) please correct me if i am wrong. its been a while since i have seen a car with the seatbelt safety light.
© 2024 Moparts Forums