Moparts

74 duster 4 speed hump location?

Posted By: hotairballoonpilot

74 duster 4 speed hump location? - 02/20/20 07:30 PM

Wondering on if anyone has the exact location for a 4 speed hump on a 74 duster? The car I am doing for a customer is an original 4 speed car. It is getting the complete floor pan installed but unfortunately the original pan was so rusted that I was not able to get a good location of the hump. The new AMD floor naturally doesn't come with the hole and has to be cut in. Not having one here to measure isn't an option. Just naturally don't want to have it in the wrong spot. Car is currently on a rotisserie and braced up.

thanks

corey
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: 74 duster 4 speed hump location? - 02/20/20 07:40 PM

Don't have measurements cuz the carpet is in but is a pic of my 72.

Attached picture 20150822_135155.jpg

Re: 74 duster 4 speed hump location? - 02/20/20 07:44 PM

I should also add I do have the original hump as tat naturally was not rusted but just more or less hanging in there. I was planning when I set the floor in the car that hoping it would more or less tell me where it went by the way things are shaped but thought I should do some CYA too.

thanks the pic does help some too!
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: 74 duster 4 speed hump location? - 02/21/20 03:25 AM

I think you will find that when you lay the 4 spd hump onto the new floor pan, it won't fit but in one place. Trace around it with a sharpie, and step in enough for good overlap and cut the hole. I will be adding one to my 70 Duster that was a 3 on the tree, and that is my plan. I'm seriously thing of using Fusor panel bond to hold it, and then just weld up the screw holes needed to hold it down during the bonding process.
Posted By: topside

Re: 74 duster 4 speed hump location? - 02/21/20 04:19 AM

Did a 4-speed hump in an early B, FWIW, and it did pretty much drop in one place; I'd say it had 1/4" of wiggle room.
If you can, measure or better yet mock up shifter location before welding.
That way any tolerance stack-up wouldn't bite you in the butt.

Re: 74 duster 4 speed hump location? - 02/21/20 09:58 PM

thanks guys! I will plug away. In the process of getting the rear frame rail back up in place then onto the interior floor pan area.

corey
© 2024 Moparts Forums