Moparts

New control arms?

Posted By: hotairballoonpilot

New control arms? - 02/04/20 07:28 PM

Curious if they make or who makes the best upper and lower control arms for A bodies? Specifically 74's? Friend is looking for new ones possibly if they can be bought.
thanks

corey
Posted By: Neil

Re: New control arms? - 02/04/20 08:40 PM

I don't think I have seen those for sale new. The tooling to stamp those out would be complicated + how many are they going to sell?

It's possible to get a clean set from a wrecking yard in a dry area that won't be pitted.
Posted By: burdar

Re: New control arms? - 02/04/20 08:57 PM

Dr Diff has the stock style uppers. I've never seen new stock style lowers though. There are a few different choices of tubular uppers too.

https://www.doctordiff.com/upper-control-arms.html
Posted By: a12rag

Re: New control arms? - 02/05/20 02:04 AM

I know many want to keep things stock. . . but I gotta tell you, if you still want to drive the car and enjoy it, move on to a "good" quality tubular upper control that corrects the geometry. . . . and they usually come with bushings and ball joints installed . . . just my two cents worth . . .
Posted By: 71vert340

Re: New control arms? - 02/09/20 02:09 AM

I have a pair for sale in Abody parts here. Another option to stiffen a stock set up is to weld the plates on bottom which are available from vendors.
Terry
Posted By: jcc

Re: New control arms? - 02/20/20 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by a12rag
I know many want to keep things stock. . . but I gotta tell you, if you still want to drive the car and enjoy it, move on to a "good" quality tubular upper control that corrects the geometry. . . . and they usually come with bushings and ball joints installed . . . just my two cents worth . . .

This up
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: New control arms? - 03/02/20 04:14 AM

Who makes the best tubular control arms for a street/strip car? Don't want something that will break or bend if abused. Maybe I worry too much. shruggy. The roads around here(n.e. Tennessee) are a lot better than what I am used to(n.e. ohio).
© 2024 Moparts Forums