Moparts

68-70 B body rear glass interior trim ??

Posted By: 70gtx440dana

68-70 B body rear glass interior trim ?? - 01/25/20 04:25 PM

Trying to help a friend. Looking for confirmation on 70 Coronet rear window interior trim. My 70 Road Runner has a 2 piece set that surrounds the entire rear window. This is a rubber flexible trim. One piece that goes up both sides and across top of window. The other attaches to rear of package tray and trims out the bottom. I assume 70 Coronet is this same. However, all of the aftermarket sets are a 6 piece set that closely resembles 68-70 Charger plastic trim. I m trying to clarify if 70 trim was one year only and the 68-69 had this 6 piece set? Or, did the aftermarket come up with an incorrect solution for all years?

Here is what Year One is selling: Link

Classic industries offers the same set. My buddy would prefer factory correct. Thanks in advance. Joe
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: 68-70 B body rear glass interior trim ?? - 01/26/20 07:09 PM

BTT.....looking for some help from the B body experts!!!!!
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: 68-70 B body rear glass interior trim ?? - 01/26/20 07:34 PM

I would say the two cars take different trim. Here is some info. https://www.megapartsusa.com/products.asp?cat=123
Posted By: Paul Jacobs

Re: 68-70 B body rear glass interior trim ?? - 01/26/20 07:54 PM

They were both options that I have seen in b bodies 68-70 with no rhyme or reason. I just did a 69 Coronet that had the two piece trim-one very long flexible piece and single package tray piece. It was a January 69 build. I did a 69 Superbee a few years ago that was a later build and that used the multi-piece plastic set that Mega Parts sells. I know your working on a 70 and yes, I have seen them both ways as well.
Whichever route you choose would be correct in my opinion. I think the plastic parts fit and look better personally.
Posted By: 71TA

Re: 68-70 B body rear glass interior trim ?? - 01/27/20 02:54 AM

The bottom trim piece attaches to the package tray, right? Think the REM package trays come with that piece.

The other piece that surround the window is like the door same pinch weld trim but with about a 3/4" "wing". I found late 60's Chevelles used a VERY similar piece but the "wing" is like 1/4" shorter. I turned a customer on to this and he said unless you TOLD someone they would never know that wing was shorter. The wing kinda hides the gap between the window and the toothed edge that grabs the headliner.

I haven't heard anyone that liked the multi-piece thing. Not sure why someone wouldn't have had one of the pinch weld trim companies just make the correct piece.

Attached picture windlace-rear-headliner-1968-72-a-body-coupe-ch327.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums