Moparts

A BODY QUARTER PANEL/ROCKER QUESTION

Posted By: n20mstr

A BODY QUARTER PANEL/ROCKER QUESTION - 01/23/20 01:09 PM

If you lay a straight edge on the rocker to the quarter panel....does the quarter panel taper back ?

Im talking about the rocker from the front fender to the rear edge of the door, where the qtr attaches.

I have a Dart with original quarters and that's how both sides are, when you lay a straight edge the rocker is flat to the seam, then there is about 1/2 space at the very end of the quarter. I am replacing the lower part of the quarter right behind the door and I want to know if this is how it should be again.
Posted By: maximus

Re: A BODY QUARTER PANEL/ROCKER QUESTION - 01/27/20 09:15 PM

There's no right or wrong. I've seen them straight, taper down and even go up in the back..Quality control in the 60's and 70's was almost non existent. I just checked my 68 Dart and it happens to be straight. Hope this helps.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: A BODY QUARTER PANEL/ROCKER QUESTION - 01/27/20 09:34 PM

I checked mine the other day and forgot to reply back. They are all different. The 69 Swinger tapers, the 67 Dart GT is more straight but still has a slight taper. The 71 Demon is tapered more. And if you notice original 71-72 Duster and Demons there is actually a slight indentation in the quarter just above the rocker behind the door jamb. Most people try and fix this factory issue when restoring those cars.
© 2024 Moparts Forums