Moparts

Chrysler A/C decal location

Posted By: RJS

Chrysler A/C decal location - 12/01/19 10:09 PM

A friend recently brought home a new ride and although it is a clone I have a question about the Temp. decal in side glass location?
It's a 70 Cuda that was an original A/C car and the decal is in the Driver's rear side window not passenger side.
I've never seen one on the driver's side in all the years but what do other's think?
Thanks Ron
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Chrysler A/C decal location - 12/02/19 01:42 AM

Every 1970 Plymouth or Dodge E-body with AC I have seen so far has the decal on the passenger rear side window.
Posted By: topside

Re: Chrysler A/C decal location - 12/02/19 01:55 AM

Dad's '66 Sport Fury IIRC had one, in the R/R side window, as Barry says.
I remember seeing the Airtemp decal on other Mopars, and it was always in the R/R side glass on 2-doors.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Chrysler A/C decal location - 12/02/19 02:05 AM

You mentioned Fury, so......

My 1970 Fury III & 1970 Sport Satellite 4-doors also have the Airtemp decal on the rear passenger door side glass.
Posted By: A12

Re: Chrysler A/C decal location - 12/02/19 03:25 AM

I have always seen them on the right or "curb side" as that was the best place for the most people to see it as a kind of bragging point of having A/C in a Chrysler and your car. Think it's in the same thought or marketing idea as the curb side single Pentastar emblem on the front passenger's side fender..........as I think the story goes of why only one Pentastar?

This is were it was and where I replaced it on my RR.....b-body sorry

Attached picture DSC02317a.jpg

Re: Chrysler A/C decal location - 12/02/19 04:02 PM

That is how I always knew it also, the previous owner told my buddy he never changed the glass in this car. That in itself doesn't mean anything so I asked my friend to check all the glass date codes to see if that sheds any light on the subject.

In my heart I believe someone over the years just stuck a decal in the wrong place.
Ron
Posted By: a12rag

Re: Chrysler A/C decal location - 12/02/19 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Alaskan_TA
Every 1970 Plymouth or Dodge E-body with AC I have seen so far has the decal on the passenger rear side window.

On my 70 Sport Satellite (LA Build) . . . it has ORIGINAL tinted glass - NO EVIDENCE of a sticker on either side of rear glass . . . so, never added one when I redid the car . . . and yes it is factory AC car, H51 on fender tag
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: Chrysler A/C decal location - 12/11/19 12:11 AM

So, what about a 70 Challenger R/T or A66 car that had AC? Did they get both the Bumblebee decal AND the Airtemp decal on the passenger side? I used to own a 70 Challenger R/T that had AC....but never thought to look at that detail. spank

Re: Chrysler A/C decal location - 12/11/19 02:30 AM

From what I've seen over the years and believe I read in PCG location listing the answer is yes but the A/C decal location was moved forward.

Here this is where I read location over the years:
http://www.performancecargraphics.com/Small_Decals/Miscellaneous/Airtemp.htm
Ron
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Chrysler A/C decal location - 12/11/19 04:45 AM

My 62,left rear..

Attached picture Picture 076.jpg
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Chrysler A/C decal location - 12/11/19 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by JDMopar
So, what about a 70 Challenger R/T or A66 car that had AC? Did they get both the Bumblebee decal AND the Airtemp decal on the passenger side? I used to own a 70 Challenger R/T that had AC....but never thought to look at that detail. spank

My former A66 car had only the airtemp decal.
no Scat pack decal of any kind.

I just dont remember which side the airtemp decal was on,,,have been looking for pictures but cant find them
© 2024 Moparts Forums