Moparts

Power Brake Booster experts - help

Posted By: A727Tflite

Power Brake Booster experts - help - 10/22/19 10:27 PM

Anyone know if the power brake boosters use the same pushrod between the booster and master ?

I have a 71 Hemi booster and after separating the master from the booster I notice it is knarled up where the front booster seal will ride. Looking for another rod before I have this one welded and ground.
Posted By: Little Detroit

Re: Power Brake Booster experts - help - 10/23/19 01:51 AM

don't know how bad it is marled up but, If it were me I would look to see if a "speedy sleeve" is available in that size before I would weld it , it may be tempered. and there is no difference in the "tear drop " pushrod coming out of the back of the booster. the difference between b& e body is the flat pushrod that connects to the brake peddle and the booster bell crank linkage.
Posted By: Little Detroit

Re: Power Brake Booster experts - help - 10/23/19 01:55 AM

by the way I can sell you a complete unit master cylinder booster ,linkage and firewall reinforcement all rebuilt by POWER BRAKE EXCHANGE of Pittsburgh Pa. if need a unit .

Re: Power Brake Booster experts - help - 10/23/19 11:57 AM

Thenunit you have for sale will fit a 1971 Hemi GTX?

How much?

Not sure how you would get a speedy sleeve over the nub on the pushrod that enters the master.
Posted By: 1969gtx

Re: Power Brake Booster experts - help - 10/24/19 02:03 AM

will be the same as 66-70 dic brake b body cars with bendex duel diaphragm
the ram man has them as well
Posted By: dragon slayer

Re: Power Brake Booster experts - help - 10/25/19 12:57 AM

Hemi Bendix booster is different then the Non hemi B Body Bendix booster. There also is a difference in the Hemi 66-67 (maybe up to early 68) and the 68 to 71 Hemi in the size of the vacuum fitting hole. Cosmetic, but if your going for OEM concourse it would matter.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Power Brake Booster experts - help - 10/26/19 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Transman
Anyone know if the power brake boosters use the same pushrod between the booster and master ?

I have a 71 Hemi booster and after separating the master from the booster I notice it is knarled up where the front booster seal will ride. Looking for another rod before I have this one welded and ground.

I'd call up Booster Dewey and see if they have a spare lying around before I tried repairing the one you have.

Re: Power Brake Booster experts - help - 10/26/19 11:35 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I’m sending the booster out for repair/restoration and was getting ahead of myself in case a rod is needed.
Posted By: TJP

Re: Power Brake Booster experts - help - 10/30/19 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by 6PakBee
Originally Posted by Transman

I'd call up Booster Dewey and see if they have a spare lying around before I tried repairing the one you have.

iagree
© 2024 Moparts Forums