Moparts

Repro battery cables; Bill Rolik vs Classic Ind vs Year One

Posted By: GMP440

Repro battery cables; Bill Rolik vs Classic Ind vs Year One - 10/01/19 09:43 PM

tr

Hello,

Has anyone purchased the reproduction positive battery cables from either Bill Rolik, Classic Industries or Year One? Was looking at both companies for the cables.
This is for a 68 Coronet with 318. One price $154 from Year One and $130 from Classic Industries and Rolik. Are the cables all the same quality and
made from the manufacturer? Thanks. George

Posted By: Paul Jacobs

Re: Repro battery cables; Bill Rolik vs Classic Ind vs Year One - 10/02/19 12:07 AM

Bill will have the ones made here in the USA and is a great guy to deal with.
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Repro battery cables; Bill Rolik vs Classic Ind vs Year One - 10/02/19 01:10 PM

I had a customer send me a battery cable from Rock auto for a 69 Super bee 440 . It was pretty good quality. I looked up the price and it was very cheap. I think it was from goodmark and it was less than $30. Rock auto does not list one for a 318 that looks correct but you might try goodmark
Posted By: burdar

Re: Repro battery cables; Bill Rolik vs Classic Ind vs Year One - 10/02/19 01:19 PM

You can also get them from your local Chrysler dealer. They aren't "correct" in the small details but they still look like a factory cable.(not a generic parts store cable)
Posted By: mccannix

Re: Repro battery cables; Bill Rolik vs Classic Ind vs Year One - 10/02/19 02:11 PM

NOS is completely different in detail in ends and rubber sheath coating whereas most reproduction are just taped where the separation is.
If interested pm me here.

Attached picture gtxcable1.JPG
Attached picture gtxcable4.JPG
Attached picture gtxcable3.JPG
Posted By: David1971

Re: Repro battery cables; Bill Rolik vs Classic Ind vs Year One - 10/02/19 02:29 PM

For reproduction battery cables, I would contact M&H. They will sell them directly to you....unlike their wiring harnesses which you must buy through Year One. But If I could buy NOS, that would probably be my first choice.

George, we discussed this back in April. I sent you some pictures via email. Did M&H have a set for the Coronet?

Below is the positive cable for a 1971 318 Barracuda.

David

Attached picture 016.JPG
Attached picture 019.JPG
Attached picture 024.JPG
Attached picture 028.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums