Moparts

70 RR dust trail strip?

Posted By: JMCFAN

70 RR dust trail strip? - 09/27/19 04:35 PM

So I got the set and laying them out.... little odd...

2 long pieces labeled right side- Fender door.....

2 long pieces labeled left side... fender door.

4 short ones...2 labeled right...2 labeled left... for the scoop to door I assume...

Did I just get 2 extra short ones.....
Posted By: LemonTwiist

Re: 70 RR dust trail strip? - 09/30/19 01:51 PM

Yes you got two extra quarter panel pieces. MAKE SURE you have the feet of the stripe on the BOTTOM when installed. I can't tell you how many cars I've seen with the feet on top. Your first piece with the bird will show the foot on the bottom. AND the stripe is not in the center of the scoop. it is in line with the roadrunner emblem.
Posted By: JMCFAN

Re: 70 RR dust trail strip? - 09/30/19 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by LemonTwiist
Yes you got two extra quarter panel pieces. MAKE SURE you have the feet of the stripe on the BOTTOM when installed. I can't tell you how many cars I've seen with the feet on top. Your first piece with the bird will show the foot on the bottom. AND the stripe is not in the center of the scoop. it is in line with the roadrunner emblem.

Yes thanks! I cant find a good measurement for the stripe or the bird. I have the facorty one I think buts difficult to deceipher...
Posted By: topside

Re: 70 RR dust trail strip? - 09/30/19 03:40 PM

Check the archives here, there was a thread on the bird & dust trail location a while back.
I remember looking through it and also some google images, and the dust trail is as stated, not centered in the scoop.
That's also what I recall from when they were new.
Some probably came through incorrect or uneven, though.
Rick Ehrenberg (Mopar Action & member here) seems to have the factory measurements for all that stuff.
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: 70 RR dust trail strip? - 10/08/19 03:45 PM

according to the engineering drawing, the "dust trail" is not intended to be a straight line - it "wanders" up & down from its starting height
Posted By: RRBB

Re: 70 RR dust trail strip? - 10/14/19 09:40 PM

correct -the stripe goes about 1/3 down from the top of the scoop

Attached picture IMG_3768.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums