Moparts

Challenger rear valance

Posted By: jeff968

Challenger rear valance - 09/06/19 05:14 PM

Looking at the beautiful 71 440-6 Challenger R/T going over the block at mecum Dallas this weekend this photo caught my eye. I recall that extra plate bracket on the rear valance was only seen on some of the replacement pieces in the late eighties. None of my original Challengers that I owned since 78 ever had this.

What say you?

Attached picture Challl Val.jpg
Posted By: burdar

Re: Challenger rear valance - 09/06/19 06:09 PM

That extra bracket was only used in 73 and 74. When the bumpers were moved out farther away from the body, the license plate light no longer illuminated the plate. That bracket moved the plate back into the light source.
Posted By: jeff968

Re: Challenger rear valance - 09/06/19 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by burdar
That extra bracket was only used in 73 and 74. When the bumpers were moved out farther away from the body, the license plate light no longer illuminated the plate. That bracket moved the plate back into the light source.

Nice factoid! And they would ship that version of valance no matter what you ordered. I remember cutting those brackets off.
Posted By: kidmopar

Re: Challenger rear valance - 09/07/19 08:34 PM

It least ....... It has the " D O D G E " on the deck lid ! thumbs penguin
Posted By: 71PurpleDodge

Re: Challenger rear valance - 10/04/19 10:42 PM

What's the deal with " D O D G E " on the trunk lid? Mine doesn't have it and I have it a LONG time. Thanks.
Posted By: floyd

Re: Challenger rear valance - 10/05/19 12:01 AM

Lots of info on the “Dodge” emblem here: https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1188239/1.html
© 2024 Moparts Forums