Moparts

Headlight springs Daytona how to help

Posted By: pullandrag

Headlight springs Daytona how to help - 08/17/19 08:02 PM

I had this very appreciated info from Member dayclona in my inbox but for some reason it is gone I don't get on here much or the internet for that matter poor car had nothing done to it for 4 months life's like that I guess anyway I have all the parts how hard is it to wind those Springs I got to do this next weekend cuz the car has to be moved and want it finished just want somebody who has done it to give a little bit of a detailed instruction I assume that wound tight enough to keep them open for the default position and vacuum pulls them shut ??I'm not a hundred percent for sure hoping for a little bit of advice here I feel bad it didn't get done when Dayclona send me the info but it was out of my hands at the time next weekend I'll have three days to get the car finished because of personal time constraints and the owner is taking it to Talladega in October hell or high water thanks for any help
Posted By: 4406bbl

Re: Headlight springs Daytona how to help - 08/18/19 03:01 AM

Search daytona hidden headlight spring in moparts restoration.
Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: Headlight springs Daytona how to help - 08/19/19 01:35 AM

Leave them out..... Pain in the [censored]... I have never put mine back in......

But, in all seriousness, here's a thread on the Charger Board.. It is a Superbird, but the same setup...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=54382.0

Troy

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DaveKanofsky

Re: Headlight springs Daytona how to help - 08/21/19 05:30 PM

I agree, leave 'em out!

Headlights go up and down just fine without them, and then they stay shut when car is off.
Posted By: pullandrag

Re: Headlight springs Daytona how to help - 08/30/19 10:25 PM

Ok thanks ! I've tried to respond on here multiple times but it's all covered in ads I think I got this one to go I'll go check it out
© 2024 Moparts Forums