Moparts

cruise control turn signal switch

Posted By: mdwyer

cruise control turn signal switch - 05/12/19 11:08 PM

1971 charger
factory cruise control turn signal switch with extra 3 wire plug. need to know what the 3 wire plug connects to?
service manual shows nothing. any ideas?

mike
Posted By: 71 Charger R/T

Re: cruise control turn signal switch - 05/13/19 01:39 AM

Could you post a picture of the "extra three wire plug"? I don't recall any additional plug. If my memory serves me right, there was only the one 4 conductor plug. I have factory cruise on my '71 Charger that I can take reference pictures of if needed.

Re: cruise control turn signal switch - 05/13/19 02:36 AM

I have the cruise harness with the 4 pin from turn signal stalk hooked up but the car has an additional 3 pin plug from the turn signal switch. Original switch plus one i bought years ago had the extra plug and it said it was for cruise. i'll have to get a picture.

thanks,
mike
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: cruise control turn signal switch - 05/13/19 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by mdwyer
I have the cruise harness with the 4 pin from turn signal stalk hooked up but the car has an additional 3 pin plug from the turn signal switch. Original switch plus one i bought years ago had the extra plug and it said it was for cruise. i'll have to get a picture.

thanks,
mike

Sounds like your turn signal switch has the extra plug for the cornering lamps on C-bodies . Its what the original switch supersedes to via Mopar

Cruise control wiring is a separate overlay harness , it does NOT go thru the turn signal switch itself or its wiring harness

Re: cruise control turn signal switch - 05/13/19 02:29 PM

perfect! thanks for everyone help.

mike
© 2024 Moparts Forums