Moparts

Kit for bushing carb throttle shaft

Posted By: varunner

Kit for bushing carb throttle shaft - 05/08/19 11:42 AM

I've got a holley with a wore secondary throttle shaft. Does anyone know of a good kit with drill/reamer and bushings ? thanks
Posted By: Little Detroit

Re: Kit for bushing carb throttle shaft - 05/08/19 05:05 PM

you shouldn't have to ream the base plate of course I haven't seen yours, that being said Holley made provisions for that repair the throttle shafts a machined for nylon bushings and there are two different sizes . I have both if you need a couple , let me know how many you need ,

Re: Kit for bushing carb throttle shaft - 05/08/19 08:44 PM

this shaft is pretty sloppy. Seems like you'd have to be lucky to get a good fit without opening the hole. do you know the OD of the plastic bushing ?
Posted By: Little Detroit

Re: Kit for bushing carb throttle shaft - 05/09/19 11:09 AM

like I said previously I havn't seen yours, however that's why there are 2 different sizes, if its that sloppy your base plate may be toast.

Re: Kit for bushing carb throttle shaft - 05/09/19 01:11 PM

I already have what I need, but providing dimensions would be helpful to others if you know what you have. thanks !
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Kit for bushing carb throttle shaft - 05/09/19 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by varunner
this shaft is pretty sloppy. Seems like you'd have to be lucky to get a good fit without opening the hole. do you know the OD of the plastic bushing ?

The shaft is cut for the bushing,being that the bushing is split I imagine it would not be easy to measure,probably would need production specs.
© 2024 Moparts Forums