Moparts

is adding dynomat to a restored car.........

Posted By: theraif

is adding dynomat to a restored car......... - 05/04/19 08:45 PM

hurt the $$ of the car since its not 100% factory work
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: is adding dynomat to a restored car......... - 05/04/19 09:10 PM

What is the rest of the car like? If it is close to 100% original and you're trying sell it, maybe, but if not and it is mainly where no one will see it and you want to drive it, then I say go for it.
Posted By: topside

Re: is adding dynomat to a restored car......... - 05/04/19 09:20 PM

It wouldn't bother me, as long as it wasn't visible.
However, that stuff makes it impossible to judge interior condition of the floors, so I'd take photos that prove the floor condition prior to the Dynamat.
I added some NVH foam inside my old Chevy PU - primarily its roof, between the interior & exterior panels - and the thing is very quiet inside.
Even closing the doors, it seems a much higher-quality cab, and it's the poverty model that used to sound like the inside of a snare drum.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: is adding dynomat to a restored car......... - 05/04/19 09:48 PM

It is a real b!tch to remove so once its there, all parties better be happy with it !!
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: is adding dynomat to a restored car......... - 05/04/19 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by theraif
hurt the $$ of the car since its not 100% factory work

Done right and as long as its not visible no parties will ever know its there unless you tell them.
I use it in every car I've done for the past 10 years or more

I use Fatmat . and if I use 2 rolls. it MIGHT add 75 lbs TOPS . And thats covering every square inch of the interior of the car . from the firewall to pkg shelf, and roof to floorpan, even inside the door shells
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: is adding dynomat to a restored car......... - 05/05/19 01:32 AM

If it's a paint dab restoration I wouldn't recommend it. Otherwise do as you see fit. twocents
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: is adding dynomat to a restored car......... - 05/05/19 03:21 AM

Last consideration factor would be the weight added to the vehicle..Depending on how much you use it can add a considerable amount of weight to the vehicle..
Posted By: AndyF

Re: is adding dynomat to a restored car......... - 05/05/19 05:07 AM

I have dynomat in my '65 Coronet 500. My car is an original 426W four speed car so the dynomat probably does hurt the resell value. Of course, the mini-tubs, Porsche disc brakes, Dana 60 and EFI probably also hurt the resell value so I suppose it doesn't matter much to me.
Posted By: dangina

Re: is adding dynomat to a restored car......... - 05/05/19 05:36 AM

I would say no unless your doing a concours resto - there are companies out there that are the same or better than dynamat without the high price tag - I used B-Quiet
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: is adding dynomat to a restored car......... - 05/05/19 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by dangina
I would say no unless your doing a concours resto - there are companies out there that are the same or better than dynamat without the high price tag - I used B-Quiet

I agree, I have had good luck with Fat Mat too.
Posted By: theraif

Re: is adding dynomat to a restored car......... - 05/05/19 08:12 PM

watching a show whistling that claims as day it left factory grin i was the factory didn't do that
© 2024 Moparts Forums