Moparts

69 RR door glass and hardware install order?

Posted By: roadrunninMark

69 RR door glass and hardware install order? - 03/20/19 03:23 PM

Getting ready to put the guts in my 69 road runner doors. Should I put the handles, locking mechanisms, latch parts in first or should I put the glass and front quarter window in first so I don't scratch the glass?

Thanks,
Mark
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: 69 RR door glass and hardware install order? - 03/20/19 04:16 PM

On the 2nd gen B bodies, I like to put the vent assy in first, then all the lock/handle/guides and regs, then the main side glass last, crank or electric...
Posted By: topside

Re: 69 RR door glass and hardware install order? - 03/20/19 06:48 PM

^^^ That works. Almost impossible to get to the latch & rods & cylinder if the rear window track & glass are in.
Plan on some adjusting on the vent frame & door glass.
A few towels & some masking tape on the glass makes that activity less stressful.
I'll dump the bottom stop to get the glass all the way down before doing the sweeps.

Re: 69 RR door glass and hardware install order? - 03/20/19 11:34 PM

Thanks for your suggestions, Ill give that procedure a try.
Posted By: JMCFAN

Re: 69 RR door glass and hardware install order? - 03/21/19 07:53 PM

Thats my next project on my 70RR... would be interested in your progress and findings....

Re: 69 RR door glass and hardware install order? - 03/25/19 03:25 AM

Ill see what I can do, Jim. I got a bunch of small clips and such on order. Probably be a couple weeks before I get to it. Also got a buffing machine on the way to do up the trim for the vent window.

Maybe Ill put on the back bumper while I am waiting....
Posted By: JMCFAN

Re: 69 RR door glass and hardware install order? - 03/25/19 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by roadrunninMark
Ill see what I can do, Jim. I got a bunch of small clips and such on order. Probably be a couple weeks before I get to it. Also got a buffing machine on the way to do up the trim for the vent window.

Maybe Ill put on the back bumper while I am waiting....

LOL.... I am hanging my front bumper,,,,,
© 2024 Moparts Forums