Moparts

A Body leaf springs

Posted By: rustyr

A Body leaf springs - 12/11/18 12:40 AM

My leaf springs are pretty flat. Any suggestions on where to get a new set that is correct for a 69 A Body with HD springs?
Posted By: BlueRacer69

Re: A Body leaf springs - 12/11/18 01:35 AM

Check out ESPO Springs & Things. They are a sponsor here at this site. They make a great after market leaf spring. Lots of members here will recommend them.
Posted By: rarefish

Re: A Body leaf springs - 12/11/18 04:25 PM

The big question when buying from ESPO is, do you buy stock ride height or +1 or +2 or even -1?
It can be a little crap shoot when it comes to the ride height that you are looking for and what you might end up with.
Posted By: rustyr

Re: A Body leaf springs - 12/11/18 06:57 PM

Rarefish, do you have any other suggestions on where to get them? I'm looking for factory correct height and ride.
Posted By: fc7freak

Re: A Body leaf springs - 12/11/18 08:34 PM

I used Eaton Springs because I thought they looked more correct. There is nothing wrong with ESPO springs. Have used before. Eaton Springs Little more correct. I reused the bottom spring that had the part no. on it. Good luck!
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: A Body leaf springs - 12/11/18 09:58 PM

I just go to Spring Align and have them re-arched, I don't know if there are shops like that near you... twocents
Posted By: rarefish

Re: A Body leaf springs - 12/12/18 03:58 PM

I went to a local spring shop to have the original springs on my 69 GTS re-arched to a stock ride height, but they told me that they could not guarantee the end ride height.
I ended up getting a good deal on a pair of new Mopar Performance HD springs at Carlisle a few years ago. The one problem is that they are biased like SS springs and I ended up with the back end tilt.
I went out and bought one more new driver's side Mopar Performance spring.
So now I running a pair of left side MP springs.

ESPO has a good reputation, but when researching past posts on people who had bought them. I did see where some people said that they wished they had bought the +1's or wished that they had not bought the +1's
It probably splitting hairs a little for some, but you really hope to get it right the first time.
© 2024 Moparts Forums