Moparts

Fj6 t/a challenger

Posted By: greendart408

Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/05/18 06:02 PM

I know I have read on here before that the color was rare on t/a's, is there a list on production colors? My aunt has a un restored fj6 numbers, 4spd, t/a since the mid 70s, way cool car. No it's not in the registry, off the radar. Real private people. Anyhow, does anybody in the know have an idea.? Thanks
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/05/18 07:12 PM

The number I have for 70 Challenger, which includes the T/A, is 0.4%

There 989 4 speed T/As so that would make it ~ 4 cars - however that number is probably understated IMO
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/05/18 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By Morty426

There 989 4 speed T/As so that would make it ~ 40 cars - however that number is probably understated IMO

I think you meant to say less than 4 cars.....if the 0.4% is correct. That is .004 * 989
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/05/18 09:12 PM

while the "spring" colors GREEN-GO & PANTHER PINK are "rare" in the big picture 1970 model year …..

up FJ6 & FM3 along with the rest of the extra-cost "high-impact" colors, are among the more common colors on a T/A Challenger (& AAR 'cuda) and continue to be among the most desirable!
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/05/18 09:26 PM

of the ~750 T/A Challengers that I have good fender tag info for

16 are FJ6 & 4-speed - I'm sure "Alaskan TA" has about twice as many

is the interior WHITE? drool
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/05/18 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By greendart408
No it's not in the registry, off the radar.

Well, it could be even if the owners did not mention it to me before. People often find broadcast sheets for other cars in their cars & report them and / or send them in, so I am often aware of a cars details before an owner contacts me.

No one knows how many T/As were made in each color or combination of options.

I have not counted total T/A 'known' colors for cars known to me since July 2015, but at that time I knew of 67 FJ6 cars.

I knew of 1,463 T/As at that point, but for hundreds of them the paint color has not been reported.

We are up to 1,533 T/As so far.

Re: Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/05/18 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By 6bblgt
of the ~750 T/A Challengers that I have good fender tag info for

16 are FJ6 & 4-speed - I'm sure "Alaskan TA" has about twice as many

is the interior WHITE? drool

It's black

Re: Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/05/18 10:32 PM

Originally Posted By Alaskan_TA
No it's not in the registry, off the radar.

Well, it could be even if the owners did not mention it to me before. People often find broadcast sheets for other cars in their cars & report them and / or send them in, so I am often aware of a cars details before an owner contacts me.

No one knows how many T/As were made in each color or combination of options.

I have not counted total T/A 'known' colors for cars known to me since July 2015, but at that time I knew of 67 FJ6 cars.

I knew of 1,463 T/S at that point, but for hundreds of them the paint color has not been reported.

We are up to 1,533 T/As so far.

Ok, thanks a lot for the info

Re: Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/05/18 11:12 PM

Do you know if they have searched the interior for broadcast sheets yet?

Some of these cars have had as many as five in them, but usually one or two are for other cars so I always try to ask.

Re: Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/05/18 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By 70gtx440dana
Originally Posted By Morty426

There 989 4 speed T/As so that would make it ~ 40 cars - however that number is probably understated IMO

I think you meant to say less than 4 cars.....if the 0.4% is correct. That is .004 * 989

you are correct

However we know that number is way off in regards of T/As

Re: Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/06/18 12:08 AM

Some of these cars have had as many as five in them, but usually one or two are for other cars so I always try to ask.

I think I asked her once about it, I think they just looked behind and under the rear seat is all, I think they might have some remnants of it. Been awhile since I talked to her about the sheet. I'm pretty sure the rest of the interior has never been out of it.

Re: Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/06/18 12:09 AM

You can not take a % of the JH Challengers made & apply another % of known paint color % to a subset of JH models & ever come up with a true total made.

No way, no how - not ever.

Re: Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/06/18 12:13 AM

I think I asked her once about it, I think they just looked behind and under the rear seat is all, I think they might have some remnants of it. Been awhile since I talked to her about the sheet. I'm pretty sure the rest of the interior has never been out of it.

"it"

I hear that a lot from people thinking there was only one.

So if they searched the rear seat, other places to look without taking the interior out are taped to the back of the cardboard glove box liner & inside both of the removable front seat backs.

Worth a peek also but unusual for '70 Hamtramck built cars is in the springs under the front seat bottom(s).

Re: Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/06/18 12:32 AM

"it"

I hear that a lot from people thinking there was only one.

So if they searched the rear seat, other places to look without taking the interior out are
taped to the back of the cardboard glove box liner & inside both of the removable front seat backs.

Worth a peek also but unusual for '70 Hamtramck built cars is in the springs under the front seat bottom(s).

I will mention it to her and see if I can persuade them to look, thanks

Re: Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/06/18 12:46 AM

Awesome, thank you.

If they do find any for other cars, I would love to know?

I also know of some unclaimed original paperwork for FJ6 T/As, here & elsewhere.

Re: Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/06/18 01:45 AM

Awesome, thank you.

If they do find any for other cars, I would love to know?

I also know of some unclaimed original paperwork for FJ6 T/As, here & elsewhere.

Will most definitely let you know if something is or isn't found. If..... I can get them to look lol

Re: Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/06/18 02:03 AM

Maybe visit her at Christmas & offer to help?

Sounds like a fun way to spend the holiday to me....... :-)

Re: Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/06/18 03:40 AM

Maybe visit her at Christmas & offer to help?

Sounds like a fun way to spend the holiday to me....... :-)

100% agreed. Went and unearthed from a shed the og 15in rally’s for it last yr. last thing that needs re installed...
Posted By: BigMoneyLewis

Re: Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/06/18 03:47 PM

As mentioned above, be sure she looks behind the plastic back covers
on the bucket seats. Lots of 1970 Hamtramck buildsheets have been found in that location. I had an FJ6 T/A 4-speed years ago back in the 90's .
I found a mint broadcast sheet behind the plastic cover on the driver side bucket for that car . Folded twice, and never exposed to the elements or mice.

Greg

Re: Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/06/18 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By BigMoneyLewis
As mentioned above, be sure she looks behind the plastic back covers
on the bucket seats. Lots of 1970 Hamtramck buildsheets have been found in that location. I had an FJ6 T/A 4-speed years ago back in the 90's .
I found a mint broadcast sheet behind the plastic cover on the driver side bucket for that car . Folded twice, and never exposed to the elements or mice.

Greg

Ok, I will have her check, thanks

Re: Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/07/18 03:56 AM

You can not take a % of the JH Challengers made & apply another % of known paint color % to a subset of JH models & ever come up with a true total made.

No way, no how - not ever.

Yes that is why I had a disclaimer that the number was most likely inaccurate as Dan and you have already proven.

Re: Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/07/18 04:10 AM

Proven.

That is a hard task since no real proof is available.

Some people make WAGs & assumptions which are useless.

It is OK to say "I do not know".

Some of these types of questions may never be accurately answered, yet many still make things up out of thin air & that is disappointing.

Re: Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/07/18 05:18 AM

Proven.

That is a hard task since no real proof is available.

Some people make WAGs & assumptions which are useless.

It is OK to say "I do not know".

Some of these types of questions may never be accurately answered, yet many still make things up out of thin air & that is disappointing.

LOL

Barry IMO it all stems from everyone trying to prove that their car is 1 of 1. They are all 1 of 1 pretty much. It's a joke.

I will in the future answer this question differently.
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/07/18 05:30 AM

My T/A is 1 of 1 in VIN only. I know of 3 more identically optioned ones and I'm sure there's even more! So I don't claim mine is 1 of 1 (except the VIN). laugh2

Re: Fj6 t/a challenger - 12/07/18 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By Mastershake340
My T/A is 1 of 1 in VIN only. I know of 3 more identically optioned ones and I'm sure there's even more! So I don't claim mine is 1 of 1 (except the VIN). laugh2

TAs might be the exception, but your 71 R/T I doubt there is a twin to it
© 2024 Moparts Forums