Moparts

Under hood A/C on 71 e body

Posted By: 694406

Under hood A/C on 71 e body - 11/15/18 04:29 PM

My 71 Cuda 383 originally had A/C. All of the engine compartment components/lines etc are long gone except for the compressor. Can all of this stuff be bought new/repro?
Thanks
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Under hood A/C on 71 e body - 11/15/18 10:45 PM

No new stuff. Lines are hard to find for that one. Brackets can be had but piecing it together is a crapshoot at best. Lots of pieces to get. Not cheap either.
Posted By: cuda-sweden

Re: Under hood A/C on 71 e body - 11/16/18 09:11 PM

boucelon .dont think iu got the company name correct... but they got underhood kits thats worth loking in to wave
Posted By: cuda-sweden

Re: Under hood A/C on 71 e body - 11/16/18 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By cuda-sweden
boucelon .dont think iu got the company name correct... but they got underhood kits thats worth loking in thto wave
tho maybe not restoration stuff

Re: Under hood A/C on 71 e body - 11/17/18 02:51 PM

I bought some power steering brackets from them and they are correct. They just have BPE on them. Got a pulley as well. They are pricey when you buy it all. You can find oem stuff on eBay. You really need to advertise and try to buy it from someone who knows what they have and can make sure they have all the right pieces. I have it all but I never know when I’ll get a car in that is missing this stuff and I have to have it. Mine would not be cheap. Someone out there has the right stuff and wants to sell it. The lines are another quest. Oem lines are pricy for that app.
Bouchillon Performance Enginneering. BPE.

Re: Under hood A/C on 71 e body - 11/17/18 07:15 PM

Looking at the website, they may not have anything for the factory RV2 compressor.
Posted By: cudaize

Re: Under hood A/C on 71 e body - 11/17/18 11:39 PM

The other thing you want to keep in mind is that mid to late year there was a change from a double row condensor to a single row. Other than the condensor I think the only other difference is the hard line that runs from the drier to the condensor. The picture below is of my 71 383 Cuda with a single row, late style, the earlier double row had the fitting on the passenger side.

Mike Afflerbach

Attached picture DSC02158.JPG
Attached picture DSC02153.JPG
Attached picture DSC02154.JPG
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Under hood A/C on 71 e body - 11/18/18 12:04 AM

If you're not concerned with originality, installing current aftermarket stuff from the firewall forward is a snap, only problem might be the vacuum-operated water control valve...just go cable-operated.
© 2024 Moparts Forums