Moparts

69 charger door glass plastic guide were to get ??

Posted By: sparcy

69 charger door glass plastic guide were to get ?? - 10/31/18 01:22 PM

The plastic strip that is fastened to the front of the door glass. What is that called? does anyone make it? and sell it? THANKS
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: 69 charger door glass plastic guide were to get ?? - 10/31/18 03:26 PM

See this thread: Link

I just ordered mine from Tony's parts 2 weeks ago. Not cheap.....but original Mopar.
Posted By: 69bfan

Re: 69 charger door glass plastic guide were to get ?? - 10/31/18 03:27 PM

You would be looking for the mylar glass channel runs. Reproductions are available and generally retail in the $95 range. OEM pieces were discontinued early this past summer and now they are bringing $200 to $600 per pair.

If you should purchase the reproduction channel, reuse your original nylon "H-Pins" as the reproductions are a bit too thick. You can sand them down to make them work. You will have to cut both the reproductions and originals down to the proper length.

These pieces are very fragile so take extreme care as it does not take much to tear them. If your using reproduction side glass, we have found that it is typically a bit thicker and wavier than the original glass and will create issues as well with the reproduction glass channel runs.
Posted By: JMCFAN

Re: 69 charger door glass plastic guide were to get ?? - 11/01/18 02:19 AM

I know a few are looking... but these would be a money maker if someone repoped them correctly...
© 2024 Moparts Forums