Moparts

New front Fenders

Posted By: JL2

New front Fenders - 07/02/18 01:40 PM

Does anyone know where I can find new front fenders for a 68' Barracuda? Thanks
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: New front Fenders - 07/02/18 02:38 PM

Used only.

You can convert 1967 Barracuda fenders to 68’s by drilling out gold for side marker lens.

There’s about 3-4 different headlight bezel screw arrangements in 67-68. Either fender will accept all bezel types. Either add or not use a plastic grommet.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: New front Fenders - 07/02/18 05:16 PM

Maybe if you get super lucky you'll find some NOS fenders stashed away some where but that is a long shot.

I have a fender from a '65 Coronet with a part number spray painted inside so that means it was an over the counter fender. It isn't NOS though since it was mounted on a car that I parted out. Still kind of cool to run across stuff like that.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: New front Fenders - 07/02/18 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By JL2
Does anyone know where I can find new front fenders for a 68' Barracuda? Thanks

Currently no repros in steel, NOS is your only source for new, AAR and VFN have fiberglass fenders should you want to go that route?

Re: New front Fenders - 07/02/18 08:36 PM

Friend sold a extremely nice set of 68 fender no rust, no dents, some scrapes, for 900-1000 shipped. Sold real fast to 68 Cuda collector. That was a couple of years ago.

If seller would have waited, could have got more. But well known buyer and easy to deal with.
Posted By: BlueRacer69

Re: New front Fenders - 07/02/18 10:53 PM

There use to be a guy in Hemmings Motor News who sold all sorts of NOS and nice used Mopar fenders. Thats all he deals in. You mite check with him, but its going to be pricey if he has some. His name is: Howard Whitelaw from Cleveland Ohio. If you are interested PM me and I'll give you his last known phone number.
Posted By: big-block-dave

Re: New front Fenders - 07/03/18 06:43 AM

Originally Posted By autoxcuda
Friend sold a extremely nice set of 68 fender no rust, no dents, some scrapes, for 900-1000 shipped. Sold real fast to 68 Cuda collector. That was a couple of years ago.

If seller would have waited, could have got more. But well known buyer and easy to deal with.

That was extremely cheap including shipping!!!!!!!

Re: New front Fenders - 07/03/18 07:05 AM

Originally Posted By big-block-dave

That's the guy that bought them. haha Hopefully they went or are going on a car you own.

How did they compare to NOS?

IMHO, NOS sheet metal gets shelf wear and scraps. And many times there is a reason it's lingering around. Like it was a returned by a body shop back in the day for having an issue. Like made wrong without holes punched, brackets missing, other things missing.

If you are buying NOS because you don't know how to pick out a good used part, beware. You might be in a similar situation all over again.
Posted By: Morty426

Re: New front Fenders - 07/03/18 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By big-block-dave

That's the guy that bought them. haha Hopefully they went or are going on a car you own.

How did they compare to NOS?

IMHO, NOS sheet metal gets shelf wear and scraps. And many times there is a reason it's lingering around. Like it was a returned by a body shop back in the day for having an issue. Like made wrong without holes punched, brackets missing, other things missing.

If you are buying NOS because you don't know how to pick out a good used part, beware. You might be in a similar situation all over again.

There is some truth in that. Back in the day I knew a guy that had to order SEVEN front valences for his 70 Superbee before he got a straight one.
© 2024 Moparts Forums