Moparts

New repo Rim blow

Posted By: jeff968

New repo Rim blow - 03/22/18 04:09 PM

I ordered it back in November and after being on back order it showed up today. From Classic Industries, it was discounted down to $340 and then another $40 to ship. Looks like a nice piece.

Attached picture Steering wheel.jpg
Posted By: Morty426

Re: New repo Rim blow - 03/22/18 04:42 PM

In that picture it looks pretty nice, Do you have an original to compare it to?

Re: New repo Rim blow - 03/22/18 04:47 PM

I do, I'll do a side by side and let you know.
Posted By: tman

Re: New repo Rim blow - 03/22/18 04:59 PM

Looks nice alright. Pic of backside? Let us know how it was to install and horn function.
Posted By: RJS

Re: New repo Rim blow - 03/22/18 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By Morty426
In that picture it looks pretty nice, Do you have an original to compare it to?

Took the words right out of my mouth, it does look very nice!
Ron
Posted By: Suregrip391

Re: New repo Rim blow - 03/23/18 01:25 AM

Went to classic and it shows backorder again. Can you please keep us posted when you plan to install it and let us know how the horn switch works, Thanks very much.
Posted By: HEMICUDA

Re: New repo Rim blow - 03/23/18 09:56 AM

Also, check to make sure the center hole is the correct size and the center cap snaps in tight.

Re: New repo Rim blow - 03/23/18 08:20 PM

Here is a shot of the back of the wheel.

Attached picture wheel back.jpg
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: New repo Rim blow - 03/23/18 08:49 PM

Have any close ups of the grain?
Posted By: magiccuda

Re: New repo Rim blow - 03/24/18 01:45 AM

I had one come in yesterday also I did not think it would actually happen. Looks good to me. Going to compare it to my real one on Saturday.

Re: New repo Rim blow - 03/24/18 02:51 AM

Here is the wood grain.

Attached picture IMG_2607.jpg

Re: New repo Rim blow - 03/24/18 02:55 AM

Not perfect but not bad, especially if someone just wants a nice looking wheel for a driver. I looked at the Classic site and only saw the one listed as a complete kit for $599.00, any links to the wheel only?

Re: New repo Rim blow - 03/24/18 02:58 AM

Scott.... https://www.classicindustries.com/product/4020ftx.html
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: New repo Rim blow - 03/24/18 03:35 AM

Here’s the rim Classic had at SEMA.

Little more texture? Or just lighting?

Re: New repo Rim blow - 03/24/18 03:42 AM

I went ahead and ordered one, what the heck.
Posted By: biggE

Re: New repo Rim blow - 03/25/18 04:11 PM

How close to original do the spokes look? Do they have that satin type finish? Are they plated or painted?
Posted By: 44D6PAKCUDA

Re: New repo Rim blow - 03/25/18 04:24 PM

Wasn't someone else making these a while back and I think Mike from BE&A was "perfecting" them to a little closer to OE ??

Re: New repo Rim blow - 03/26/18 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By biggE
How close to original do the spokes look? Do they have that satin type finish? Are they plated or painted?

We compared the repo wheel to an original this weekend. pretty nice piece. The size is dead-on and the rim and rim-blow mechanism look great. There are some minor differences in the spokes. The opening in the spokes are slightly smaller and there is a beveled edge on the spoke opening on the original that the repo does not have. Still, you have to have the two side by side to pick up on these. Another photo below.

Attached picture wheels.jpg
Posted By: kidmopar

Re: New repo Rim blow - 03/27/18 01:09 AM

Originally Posted By jeff968
I ordered it back in November and after being on back order it showed up today. From Classic Industries, it was discounted down to $340 and then another $40 to ship. Looks like a nice piece.

So ? ...... How did you get the price down to $340 ???? I used their discount code and got it down to only $371.99 ????? shruggy

Any help certainly appreciated ! bow

Kevin

Re: New repo Rim blow - 03/27/18 02:59 AM

Have to keep an eye out for bigger discount days. Sometimes up to 30%

Re: New repo Rim blow - 04/09/18 11:17 PM

Any updates here? Did anyone install their wheel yet? How did it go? How well does it work? I ordered one and got it today. Won’t be able to install for another month or so. Thanks.
Posted By: domingo

Re: New repo Rim blow - 05/03/18 12:04 AM

neat!

Re: New repo Rim blow - 05/03/18 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By Suregrip391
Any updates here? Did anyone install their wheel yet? How did it go? How well does it work? I ordered one and got it today. Won’t be able to install for another month or so. Thanks.

Some have ordered the OER wheel and it functions like it should

https://forum.e-bodies.org/parts-for-sal...g88727#msg88727

Re: New repo Rim blow - 05/03/18 07:48 PM

I'll install it on my Challenger in the next week or two and let you know.
Posted By: GibW340

Re: New repo Rim blow - 05/05/18 12:10 AM

My experience with a new 1971 Charger was that the rim blow horn was a pain to drive with- always hitting the horn by accident- esp in town- and the switch was replaced 2 times- many defective- once had to wait several weeks as they were back ordered. Great looking wheel than and the new repro

Re: New repo Rim blow - 07/01/18 12:00 AM

Installed my Classic Rimblow wheel today, took about 5 minutes and it looks great and works perfect. Zero issues.
Posted By: kidmopar

Re: New repo Rim blow - 07/03/18 12:38 AM

I guess I waited too long ....... whiney

They are now on "BACK ORDER" ............ tsk

Re: New repo Rim blow - 07/07/18 08:05 PM

Finally installed mine on my Cuda, fits perfectly with no issues.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: New repo Rim blow - 07/07/18 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By tman
Finally installed mine on my Cuda, fits perfectly with no issues.

Oh boy, a repro that fits well, looks good, and functions properly right out of the box, that is now on back order, only means it will probably be discontinued, or farmed out to a "high volume" vendor that will fubar it in a redesign to make it cheaper/faster...

Re: New repo Rim blow - 07/07/18 09:08 PM

Dave at Roseville may have some in stock. They give discounts to members here. Doesn't hurt to check it out.

Re: New repo Rim blow - 07/23/18 09:35 AM

I found an issue with my Rimblow. Today I was at car show and it was 89 degrees outside. When driving home, I noticed that the silver trim tape around the circumference was lifting up all around. I looks like little peaks where it is lifting up. I installed this wheel 2 weeks ago. Anyone else notice this?
If anyone knows better tape I could use, that would be great. I don't mind re-taping this area.

Re: New repo Rim blow - 07/24/18 08:33 AM

False alarm on the chrome tape lifting up. It was just a very thin protective plastic coating that you remove. So all is good. For those with this steering wheel, just remove the cover.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: New repo Rim blow - 07/24/18 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By tman
False alarm on the chrome tape lifting up. It was just a very thin protective plastic coating that you remove. So all is good. For those with this steering wheel, just remove the cover.

"Why I oughta"....

give yourself a three stooges eye poke!...Lol!

Re: New repo Rim blow - 07/24/18 04:49 PM

Nyuk nyuk nyuk. I sure did.
© 2024 Moparts Forums