Moparts

Where to buy M&H wiring? Year one ? Classic?

Posted By: fuelishnsilly

Where to buy M&H wiring? Year one ? Classic? - 02/25/18 03:42 AM

I'm looking to replace the brittle and dried out engine harness in my 69 plymouth. I've heard that the M&H harness is the best plug and play out there. I saw that Year One has a 30% off coupon if you spend $300 or more but they don't list who makes the harness. I know Classic shows the tag and it says M&H on it but its more expensive than Year One (shocking, I know!)

I'd love to get it and take advantage of the promotion but I want to get a good quality harness so I don't have to worry about any electrical gremlins.

Thanks.
Posted By: blewbyu

Re: Where to buy M&H wiring? Year one ? Classic? - 02/25/18 03:49 AM

All of YO are M& H get them while they are 30% off thats what I do,
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Where to buy M&H wiring? Year one ? Classic? - 02/25/18 03:58 AM

My preferred vendor for M&H is Mega Parts.
My understanding is that M&H has an exclusive contract with YO and the several other vendors that carry it get it through YO. I've bought through YO with the 30% coupon, and been frustrated with back orders with no updates of when your harness will be delivered until one day months later it shows up. At least with Roy and Jamie at Megaparts I know they'll keep you informed about any delays or problems with your order rather than leaving you hanging! thumbs
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Where to buy M&H wiring? Year one ? Classic? - 02/25/18 04:05 AM

I'm pretty sure Both Year One and Classic sells M&H. Maybe Classic does buy through Year One. Would be nice to buy direct.
Posted By: cdstl

Re: Where to buy M&H wiring? Year one ? Classic? - 02/25/18 04:37 AM

I had trouble getting a back ordered harness through YO so I called both YO and M&H several times.

The takeaway from the YO rep was that THEY own the original Chrysler boards for producing these wire sets and that they contract M&H to do the work for them.

FWIW
Posted By: 340cpe

Re: Where to buy M&H wiring? Year one ? Classic? - 02/25/18 06:03 AM

Another plug for Mega, Jamie is great to deal with.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Where to buy M&H wiring? Year one ? Classic? - 02/25/18 07:05 AM

Originally Posted By fuelishnsilly
I'm looking to replace the brittle and dried out engine harness in my 69 plymouth. I've heard that the M&H harness is the best plug and play out there. I saw that Year One has a 30% off coupon if you spend $300 or more but they don't list who makes the harness. I know Classic shows the tag and it says M&H on it but its more expensive than Year One (shocking, I know!)

I'd love to get it and take advantage of the promotion but I want to get a good quality harness so I don't have to worry about any electrical gremlins.

Thanks.

Don't assume it's "plug and play", take the time to compare the repro harness to your old one and the FSM schematics as well, then take the time to check all crimped ends/terminals/rings/etc, and finally use a METER to check continuity of every circuit in the new harness,it's better to find an error/problem when it's out of the car, rather than later, when the troubleshooting gets more complex...DAMHIK
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: Where to buy M&H wiring? Year one ? Classic? - 02/25/18 09:24 AM

I agree with Dayclona
Posted By: VCODE

Re: Where to buy M&H wiring? Year one ? Classic? - 02/25/18 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By 340cpe
Another plug for Mega, Jamie is great to deal with.

2X
Posted By: blewbyu

Re: Where to buy M&H wiring? Year one ? Classic? - 02/25/18 03:50 PM

I have never had one for any of my cars back ordered.
Posted By: cdstl

Re: Where to buy M&H wiring? Year one ? Classic? - 02/25/18 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By blewbyu
I have never had one for any of my cars back ordered.

I waited for an engine harness for a 70 Duster for 3 months. Another guy on FABO said that he had been waiting for 7 months.
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Where to buy M&H wiring? Year one ? Classic? - 02/25/18 05:19 PM

A few years ago I ordered 3 harnesses from YO at Christmastime with their 30% off coupon. 2 arrived a week later, and the invoice said the 3rd was backordered.
3 months later the 3rd one finally showed up.

Re: Where to buy M&H wiring? Year one ? Classic? - 02/26/18 02:42 AM

Ok, I'm going to order the stuff tomorrow. When everyone ordered everything from them, did they tell you it was in stock or it was back ordered?
Posted By: 4406bbl

Re: Where to buy M&H wiring? Year one ? Classic? - 02/26/18 06:11 AM

If you call them yes, 3 months is a very short wait, waited a year for a pontiac harness.
Posted By: indy dart

Re: Where to buy M&H wiring? Year one ? Classic? - 03/02/18 12:06 AM

I called M&H and worked out some details, asked if they had what was needed in stock, got all the correct part numbers and then placed the order with YO. It seemed to eliminate some confusion. Year One can screw up now and then. I hear Evans makes a good harness and you can talk directly to the owner.
Posted By: 70HemiGTX

Re: Where to buy M&H wiring? Year one ? Classic? - 03/02/18 02:29 AM

One thing that M&H does not put in their main harness fuse box is the single fuse holder that has the spade riveted to the back (fused side) on the accessory fuse. Which is needed to plug any "accessories" on to. M&H's web site says they do not sell individual parts. So I tried Evans. No go anywhere. So I robbed an old one out of another fuse box and cleaned it up. Looks almost like new. But you would think they would install ALL needed components in the fuse box. For $500 or whatever the exact amount was, that didn't impress me. That's just my $0.02.

Re: Where to buy M&H wiring? Year one ? Classic? - 03/02/18 06:49 AM

Got the wiring in today. Very nice, top notch stuff. Everything was tested for continuity and everything looks great. Can't wait to install it !
© 2024 Moparts Forums