Moparts

69 Bee- grill , headlight surrounds & tail finish panel

Posted By: buzz440

69 Bee- grill , headlight surrounds & tail finish panel - 01/04/18 01:21 AM

Hi all,
I've noticed that the grill, headlight surround mouldings and tail light finish panel are available from different suppliers.............heck they even have fenders, hoods and trunk lids , not to mention tail lenses for 69 Roadrunners. I guess what i'am saying is.... it would be nice if us BEE owners had the option of getting the same needed parts also. Alot of 69 BEE's out there, how come we can't get these parts repro'd. I was wandering is there anyone out there that restores the above mentioned parts? Any contacts would be great....sorry for venting but it's frustrating trying to locate (GOOD) used ones.

Later, BUZZ
Posted By: topside

Re: 69 Bee- grill , headlight surrounds & tail finish panel - 01/04/18 06:19 AM

Basically, it's the economics of production #s, survival & restoration rates (size of the market), and the projected/resulting return on investment.
I'm sure you've noticed that you can build an entire Chevy or early Mustang from aftermarket parts; for every Mopar, there are multiples of each of those cars.
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: 69 Bee- grill , headlight surrounds & tail finish panel - 01/04/18 08:39 AM

I wonder about AMD's ability to judge need for parts. They make Super Bird and Daytona rear glass and trim which if every owner wanted repop parts would sell how many units? They sell '73 and up Duster and Dart Sport fenders that are still fairly plentiful in good shape. I just don't get it.
Posted By: MI Mopar Works

Re: 69 Bee- grill , headlight surrounds & tail finish panel - 01/05/18 12:12 AM

I agree that there is an unbalanced amount of reporoduction parts for 69 Coronet vs. other cars that are either less plentiful or more plentiful. I never could wrap my head around that.

On a side note, I do restore 69 Coronet / Super bee grills, bezels and tailpanels. I use a hard baked ceramic finish that resembles bright dip anodizing and is very durable ad I also do the tedious paint work. My service is great for guys doing nice driver quality cars that dont want to have $1000 + into restoring these parts. O.E restored high end A12 and hemi cars deserve the expensive bright dip process.

Here is some of my recent work

Attached picture superbeestuff.jpg

Re: 69 Bee- grill , headlight surrounds & tail finish panel - 01/05/18 04:29 AM

Was that the 440 panel you got off of me? If so, I'll have to forward the "before" pics to you so people can see the amount of work put into them.
Posted By: MI Mopar Works

Re: 69 Bee- grill , headlight surrounds & tail finish panel - 01/05/18 04:39 AM

Yep. Same panel I got from you

Re: 69 Bee- grill , headlight surrounds & tail finish panel - 01/05/18 10:43 AM

That's awesome.
Posted By: SuperRob

Re: 69 Bee- grill , headlight surrounds & tail finish panel - 01/08/18 06:51 PM

Very nice work!
© 2024 Moparts Forums