Moparts

Dash pad crack repair

Posted By: 68Barracuda

Dash pad crack repair - 02/23/09 01:09 AM

Has anyone had success repairing a crack in their pad. Mine is very nice except for one crack in the middle, I would like to use it instead of a repop if I can repair it, Any suggestions.

Thanks
Posted By: ChickMaggot

Re: Dash pad crack repair - 02/23/09 02:50 AM

I had a professional repair my A-body pad. It had the usual characteristic cracks on the ends (very minor). He warned me that repairing the old stuff is only temporary and I'll be chasing my tail. I had him do it anyway.

About 1 year later, turned out he was right. Even though the car only saw limited sunlight during that time, they came back, as well as a new horseshoe shaped one. I just picked up an NOS pad from the bag. Should've done that the first time.
Posted By: 340propak

Re: Dash pad crack repair - 02/24/09 01:11 AM

Quote:

Has anyone had success repairing a crack in their pad. Mine is very nice except for one crack in the middle, I would like to use it instead of a repop if I can repair it, Any suggestions.

Thanks

I used a product made by permatex called leather and vinyl repair they carry it at any local advance auto or autozone, instructions are pretty straight forward, I did a pretty messed up chllenger dash pad , I like how it came out but I'm not to picky

john

Attached picture 5048046-dash.JPG
Posted By: 68Barracuda

Re: Dash pad crack repair - 02/24/09 02:59 AM

Thanks john,
I'll give it a try. If I don't like it I can still go with the repop.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Dash pad crack repair - 02/24/09 04:38 PM

I had the same issue on my '69, I opted to send it out to Just Dashes, and was completely satisfied with the results.

Attached picture 5049427-zz.jpg
Posted By: meepmeep70

Re: Dash pad crack repair - 02/25/09 04:11 AM

AZNICK,a member here is doing a group buy now,save you some coin if you go that route ,never had much luck repairing them,but good luck
© 2024 Moparts Forums