Moparts

69 Charger Tail Lamp bezels....

Posted By: superwrench

69 Charger Tail Lamp bezels.... - 04/19/17 07:42 AM

The chrome bezels around the tail light lenses are not held on at all. The pins have decomposed slightly and that is letting the bezel come loose from the lense. What are you guys using to reattach these to the lenses?? Butyl?? Epoxy??....Urethane?? Or any other suggestions....
Posted By: moparx

Re: 69 Charger Tail Lamp bezels.... - 04/19/17 02:40 PM

i have used clear silicone adhesive in the "cheeze wizz" tubes before with success. it has to be the "adhesive" stuff, not the regular "sealant". any excess that squeezes out is easily trimmed after curing. i have used this stuff for many different attachment purposes on unlike materials, and have had great results. it is also water proof, and works great in submerged applications [after curing of course, before being submerged]too ! hope this may help.
beer
Posted By: Dixie

Re: 69 Charger Tail Lamp bezels.... - 04/19/17 06:51 PM

Good post. I lost a bezel the other day going down the road.

Re: 69 Charger Tail Lamp bezels.... - 04/20/17 06:26 PM

Loosing one would be not good!! I have 4 lenses and bezels here, and only one is actually still hanging on by a couple of the "studs"....I think I'll try the silicone stuff....Thanks.
Posted By: moparx

Re: 69 Charger Tail Lamp bezels.... - 04/21/17 02:28 PM

glad to be of help ! just be sure to use the "adhesive" stuff. please let us know how it turns out.
beer

Re: 69 Charger Tail Lamp bezels.... - 04/22/17 05:04 AM

Just to let everyone know, the silicone adhesive seems to have done it's magic....Thanks for the tip.
Posted By: 375inStroke

Re: 69 Charger Tail Lamp bezels.... - 04/22/17 08:32 PM

I had a guy hand me my bezel at a stop light after it fell off in front of him driving down the road. I'll try the silicone, too.
© 2024 Moparts Forums