Moparts

restoration tool needed ?

Posted By: 82ramIndy493

restoration tool needed ? - 03/29/17 10:31 PM

Does anyone make casters that bolt to front of cars while K member is out so you can roll the car around? Thanks.
Posted By: craigerlitz

Re: restoration tool needed ? - 03/29/17 10:53 PM

I believe member crackedback makes a version as does US car tool.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/users/22203/crackedback.html

http://store.uscartool.com/mopar-ABE-body-front-car-moving-wheels.html
Posted By: Little Detroit

Re: restoration tool needed ? - 03/30/17 01:26 AM

you are going to restore a car? you don't think you make them ? tractor supply should have casters as well as angle iron and tubing

Re: restoration tool needed ? - 03/30/17 01:46 AM

I am not restoring the car myself. I am sub contracting the drivetrain repairs. My first doing one like this. Local body shop is doing all the body work and I am doing the drivetrain. Needed something to get it from me to him after K member and rear are removed. I am not much on welding and the budget for this job doesn't include me making or buying the caster setup. It falls on the body shop. I am just looking for the necessary pieces for him to buy.
Posted By: a12rag

Re: restoration tool needed ? - 04/01/17 04:23 AM

here are pics of what I made . . . .easy to do . . .

Attached picture cradle (1).jpg
Attached picture cradle (2).jpg
Attached picture cradle (3).jpg
Attached picture cradle (4).jpg
Posted By: a12rag

Re: restoration tool needed ? - 04/01/17 04:27 AM

couple more pics . . . I made the plate big enough so I could have two sets of holes to rotate the whole thing 90 deg. . . so it would support the car on the castors, turn it 90 deg, rebolt it and use as lifting cradle . . . don't notice the crappy welding of mine . . got better lol . . . but it all held and worked great !!!

Attached picture cradle (5).jpg
Attached picture Engine installation.jpg
Attached picture IMG-20120821-00246.jpg
Posted By: 5carguy

Re: restoration tool needed ? - 04/02/17 12:24 AM

Beautiful car
Posted By: floyd

Re: restoration tool needed ? - 04/02/17 12:30 AM

If you don't want to fab your own....

http://store.uscartool.com/Car-Moving-Body-Wheels_c_10.html
Posted By: killermopar

Re: restoration tool needed ? - 04/02/17 07:36 PM

I love the 70 Plymouth b bodies. Love your car. Great idea too. Harbor freight has tons of casters, even balloon tired ones.

Re: restoration tool needed ? - 04/02/17 11:07 PM

I appreciate the info but don't trust myself to weld something holding another mans car. I will leave it to the experts. Am going to order the set from USCarTool tomorrow. The Body Shop guy is buying it so it's not out of my pocket. His decision to buy it.
Posted By: 70RT Charger

Re: restoration tool needed ? - 04/03/17 11:49 AM

Originally Posted By a12rag
couple more pics . . . I made the plate big enough so I could have two sets of holes to rotate the whole thing 90 deg. . . so it would support the car on the castors, turn it 90 deg, rebolt it and use as lifting cradle . . . don't notice the crappy welding of mine . . got better lol . . . but it all held and worked great !!!
Looks great and good Idea. Think Illl have the same one built.
© 2024 Moparts Forums