Moparts

Electrical component resto; Starters, alternators, etc

Posted By: hemi68charger

Electrical component resto; Starters, alternators, etc - 01/26/17 05:13 PM

Hey gang..
I can't seem to find a source, I know there's one. Anyone out there who specializes in restoration of original items like starters, alternators, etc. Want to keep the correct date-code correct parts for the restoration of my Superbird and a buddy's Challenger T/A..

Thanks in advance.
Troy
Posted By: VCODE

Re: Electrical component resto; Starters, alternators, etc - 01/26/17 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By hemi68charger
Hey gang..
I can't seem to find a source, I know there's one. Anyone out there who specializes in restoration of original items like starters, alternators, etc. Want to keep the correct date-code correct parts for the restoration of my Superbird and a buddy's Challenger T/A..

Thanks in advance.
Troy

Jim Ridge 803-924-6247 Hands down the best for starters and alt 100%
Bob
Posted By: B5Cuda440-6

Re: Electrical component resto; Starters, alternators, etc - 01/26/17 07:35 PM

I 2nd that...Jim does a fantastic job. The look and quality of his restored items are 2nd to none.

Rob
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Electrical component resto; Starters, alternators, etc - 01/27/17 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By B5Cuda440-6
I 2nd that...Jim does a fantastic job. The look and quality of his restored items are 2nd to none.

Rob

I'll third it.

Simply the best
Posted By: TX9AAR

Re: Electrical component resto; Starters, alternators, etc - 01/27/17 12:26 AM

Jim is a class act I had him restore my starter and alternator. They look great. Best of all he stands behind his work. I had an issue with the starter, he took care of the problem right away. You find out what the vendors true character is when there is problem. I will give Jim all of my business.
Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: Electrical component resto; Starters, alternators, etc - 01/27/17 03:02 AM

Thanks guys,,,, Appreciate your input... Will relay.. I believe Dave came across him. Good to see positive feedback..

T
Posted By: ACR2000

Re: Electrical component resto; Starters, alternators, etc - 01/27/17 04:11 AM

Originally Posted By Morty426
Originally Posted By B5Cuda440-6

Rob

I'll third it.

Simply the best

iagree

Super nice guy
http://www.dixierestorationparts.com/

Attached picture Photo 328.jpg
Posted By: floyd

Re: Electrical component resto; Starters, alternators, etc - 01/27/17 04:45 AM

One more vote for Jim Ridge!
Posted By: 70plymA34

Re: Electrical component resto; Starters, alternators, etc - 01/27/17 04:56 PM

jim does excellent work. However if your original finish is not perfect on the alternator housing there is not much he can do to bring it back. i had this problem with mine when i sent it to him several years ago. i don't know if he bead blasted the housing or has a proprietary process to finish them but it came out good. he also offers a multi year warranty on his work if you are the original person that sent the part to him.
Posted By: 70RT

Re: Electrical component resto; Starters, alternators, etc - 01/27/17 10:07 PM

Really appreciate all the kind words. I've met some great folks and made some enduring friendships. As we see more examples of Ma Mopars work, we are able to deepen the research pool and this helps us validate our processes. Also, like the other component restoration folks will tell you, the better the core, the better the finished product. And having a "mig magician" involved with our repair work helps quite a bit! Thanks again for the referals...looks like I'm buying a lot of beer @ Carlisle this year, lol!
Posted By: Dixie

Re: Electrical component resto; Starters, alternators, etc - 01/28/17 06:10 AM

up
© 2024 Moparts Forums