Moparts

Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done!

Posted By: PAINT IT BLACK

Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done! - 02/15/09 05:09 PM

I had Mark Shank (mr belvedere) - company name: Classic Metal Finishing - restore my '70 Bee's tail panel trim and look at the fantastic job that was done...!

Mark is a real cool dude and he really went above and beyond to treat my parts as though they were his. I couldn't be happier with the results.

Attached picture 5026729-DSC_05832.jpg

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/15/09 05:11 PM

Couldn't really get great pics, but this thing is flawless. He really did a good job with working out the nicks and a dent. I can't even tell there were any repairs. The anodized finish is superb, the brushed area is very nice and a lot of care was taken to get the paint just right.

This part of a resto is really an area where an artist is needed. It isn't often that such an amazing job is done, more to the contrary. I just thought he deserves credit for a job well done.

Attached picture 5026733-DSC_05822.jpg
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/15/09 06:00 PM

What is the going rate for something like that?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/15/09 06:01 PM

thats looks awesome!!
Posted By: Hoof Hearted

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done! - 02/15/09 06:08 PM

My God! Were they ever this nice new?

Hat's off to ya - Very sweet.

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/15/09 06:10 PM

Pretty steep, but you know this is a delicate part and it has to be re-anodized and all.... pretty important part on a '70 Bee. I think it was like $425 + the $65 Bee emblem + shipping. After building a crate and shipping it both ways, it was quite an investment.

Years from now I won't remember the money....

Note: He stripped the piece after this photo and repainted it because it had "too much orange peel". Awesome huh?

Attached picture 5026874-DSC03918.JPG

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/15/09 06:12 PM

another

Attached picture 5026881-DSC04039.JPG
Posted By: 340dart4spd

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done! - 02/15/09 06:12 PM

Quote:

I had Mark Shank (mr belvedere) - company name: Classic Metal Finishing - restore my '70 Bee's tail panel trim and look at the fantastic job that was done...!

Mark is a real cool dude and he really went above and beyond to treat my parts as though they were his. I couldn't be happier with the results.

Just wondering how they Charge? by the Job or Hourly? I have a 70 Coronet R/T/500 panel that has a few dings....and will need to get it done...
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done! - 02/15/09 06:14 PM

And contact info for this artist would be ?

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/15/09 06:14 PM

Quote:

Just wondering how they Charge? by the Job or Hourly? I have a 70 Coronet R/T/500 panel that has a few dings....and will need to get it done...

Dunno, send him a pm. (mr belvedere on moparts)
Posted By: rayztoy

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/15/09 09:50 PM

Steve,
The tail panel looks INCREDIBLE! It definately is worth the price!

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/15/09 09:52 PM

I don't wanna go quoting prices on his behalf... I'm just going out on a limb and telling y'all what I paid. It was a while back, so who knows what he's charging now.

But if quality is what your after, don't hesitate!
Posted By: belv2vert66

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/16/09 01:41 AM

This is a great thread.

He has my grille and bezels for my Dart. Great communicator and was upfront about his back log. I am excited to get them back.

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/16/09 02:13 AM

Quote:

This is a great thread.

He has my grille and bezels for my Dart. Great communicator and was upfront about his back log. I am excited to get them back.

Yes, it took a while to actually get the parts back, but I promise it is WORTH THE WAIT!
Posted By: Paul Jacobs

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/16/09 02:27 AM

I've got news for ya, $425 is cheap for that quality and time spent! Mark is top notch. Imagine what an NOS piece would cost and all the shelf wear..I saw one for $2200.00 and it wasn't nearly as nice.
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done! - 02/16/09 02:50 AM

Tried looking up mr belvedere with no such luck, different name. Is there something I'm missing or is there another way of getting ahold of him? BTW, VERY nice!
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done! - 02/16/09 03:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

the condition of the part will DICTATE the price .

I've had mark do a set of red circle dog dishes for me , they are too nice to put on the car ...

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/16/09 03:37 AM

Quote:

Tried looking up mr belvedere with no such luck, different name. Is there something I'm missing or is there another way of getting ahold of him? BTW, VERY nice!

Sorry, it is mr_belvedere (underscore)

Try:

mark@classicmetalfinishing.net

Just so everyone knows, here is the part before he did his thing... so yes, it was nice to begin with.

Attached picture 5028485-DSC_00642.jpg
Posted By: N9671X2

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/16/09 08:03 AM

Very cool! Mark is a great guy, and has the same piece done for me, as well as the front valance trim. We are a couple hours apart, not messing with shipping it. Hope to get it soon, glad to hear you are so happy, and I agree with Paul Jacobs, the price is more than fair considering the outcome and options.

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/16/09 02:22 PM

Here's what your valance trim will look like... mine turned out beautiful... and for less than a Metro part!

Attached picture 5029090-DSC03947-1.JPG

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/16/09 04:45 PM

Quote:

Here's what your valance trim will look like... mine turned out beautiful... and for less than a Metro part!

How bad was it before????
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done! - 02/16/09 04:59 PM

Looks great, Steve!

That's what I SHOULD have done. Instead I wasted $$$$'s on the repop valance moulding that doesn't fit and I spent a fair bit on an almost mint rear panel but it needs to be painted (came off a 440, not a SB). Live and learn.

Dave

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/16/09 05:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Scuffed, but no real bad nicks.

Attached picture 5029379-DSC_00282.jpg

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/16/09 05:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Scuffed, but no real bad nicks.

Mine is about same cond....What kinda $$$ was involved If I may ask...

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/16/09 05:25 PM

Under $200. If I remember correctly, the Metro part came out at just about the same time I sent mine off to Mark before he started doing trim full time and it was less than that repop - which I figured wouldn't fit right anyway. You know, this part is a real tight fit anyway...
Posted By: RJS

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/16/09 08:49 PM

I'll recommend Mark Shank to the fussiest of people and they will still be happy (I fall under that category)!! He is an artist in the truest sense.

Attached picture 5029794-IMG_0425(Large).JPG

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/16/09 09:05 PM

Quote:

and it was less than that repop - which I figured wouldn't fit right anyway.

You figured correctly!

Dave
Posted By: Kidsixpack

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/16/09 10:08 PM

Look fantastic and seems very reasonable to me! I don't say that very often. Here's mine! It was redone pretty nice too, but not for such reasonable price.
KID

Attached picture 5029941-Tailpanel.JPG
Posted By: RJS

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/16/09 11:17 PM

Quote:

Look fantastic and seems very reasonable to me! I don't say that very often. Here's mine! It was redone pretty nice too, but not for such reasonable price.
KID

Kid you have some nice "tail" too!!

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/17/09 12:02 AM

yeah, your panel looks good. I feel better about the price now.

I got my parts back from the chrome shop today. Since they only charged me $50 ea. to do the tail light bezels, I gave it a shot against the advice of others. Luckily for me they came out great, so I don't have to send be&a $350! I think I'll take the old lady out to dinner.

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/17/09 12:13 AM

Quote:

I got my parts back from the chrome shop today. Since they only charged me $50 ea. to do the tail light bezels, I gave it a shot against the advice of others. Luckily for me they came out great, so I don't have to send be&a $350! I think I'll take the old lady out to dinner.

.....just one small word of advice, Steve; Don't actually call her " the old lady " when she can hear you! DAMHIK!

Dave

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/17/09 12:59 AM

Quote:

.....just one small word of advice, Steve; Don't actually call her " the old lady " when she can hear you! DAMHIK!

Dave

Unless she's found a way to understand the clicks of my keyboard, I think I'm okay!
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done! - 02/17/09 03:26 AM

Mark likes In & Out too....so if you have one close by, you know how to bribe him...
Posted By: Lefty

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/17/09 04:53 AM

Quote:

Unless she's found a way to understand the clicks of my keyboard, I think I'm okay!

I would not rule that out. They have VERY good hearing...

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/17/09 06:17 AM

Quote:

That seems like a great deal on the chroming too! What shape were they in prior to the rechrome? That can make a big difference in chroming. Well worth 50 bucks! $350 for repops is way out of line
KID

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/17/09 01:32 PM

Quote:

That seems like a great deal on the chroming too! What shape were they in prior to the rechrome? That can make a big difference in chroming. Well worth 50 bucks! $350 for repops is way out of line
KID

They were real good. No blistering. I was ready to send the $350 because I thought pot metal didn't fare well with rechroming and I didn't want the hassle. But it really did turn out well. I do have to repair three posts, but I can do that. This place was pretty reasonable. Just $65 ea. for the a-pillar chrome. I thought that was a steal!

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/17/09 01:53 PM

looks good . I need to send in the panel for my bee ...
Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/17/09 01:55 PM

Steve..
Looks great !!!!
Posted By: klunick

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/17/09 07:37 PM

Steve, Looks really nice. As others have said, that was a real good price for the workmanship. I have paid well over 2x that.

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/17/09 10:45 PM

Quote:

Steve, Looks really nice. As others have said, that was a real good price for the workmanship. I have paid well over 2x that.

mark is going to see this thread and realize he is shorting himself ....

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/18/09 03:55 PM

Sorry, I guess I screwed it up for everyone...

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/18/09 05:11 PM

Quote:

Sorry, I guess I screwed it up for everyone...

This is why I did't tell anyone what I paid for mine! Your guy is not greedy! We need to keep him that way! I've said this before: The value of a car should have absolutely nothing to do with the cost of the restoration! As soon as a shop finds out your doing a Hemi car the price doubles
KID
Posted By: mr_belvedere

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/18/09 06:26 PM

Steve,that panel looks at home on your car! Lets see some pics of it after you install the taillamps. Thanks everyone for the compliments, it is appreciated very much.
As for pricing.........The price charged to do this panel was with me working a full time job and restoring trim on the side. Restoring trim is now my full time job.
Prices are not going to double, but I can not give away labor time like I used to.
Posted By: RobR

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/18/09 06:34 PM

Great job..!! worth twice that.

you should have seen some of the panels that I've seen that were suppose to have been restored some for twice what you paid...

very nice work...

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/18/09 08:22 PM

Quote:

Steve,that panel looks at home on your car! Lets see some pics of it after you install the taillamps. Thanks everyone for the compliments, it is appreciated very much.
As for pricing.........The price charged to do this panel was with me working a full time job and restoring trim on the side. Restoring trim is now my full time job.
Prices are not going to double, but I can not give away labor time like I used to.

Belvedere, I'll be sending my trim to you. To me, good quality workmanship will be worth the $$$ even if you double it. BTW, are you going to get a website? Discount for Moparts members?

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/18/09 11:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Belvedere, I'll be sending my trim to you. To me, good quality workmanship will be worth the $$$ even if you double it. BTW, are you going to get a website? Discount for Moparts members?

I guess if your dumb enough to offer double than you really shouldn't worry about a Moparts discount? Mr. Belvedere: Keep track of the fools that have made statements like the one above and set up a seperate price guide for them
KID
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/19/09 02:29 AM

Quote:

is this stainless or aluminum

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/19/09 02:33 AM

Quote:

is this stainless or aluminum

It's anodized aluminum. That's the beauty of it. I wish it were stainless... then I could have done it.

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/19/09 08:58 AM

I guess if your dumb enough to offer double than you really shouldn't worry about a Moparts discount? Mr. Belvedere: Keep track of the fools that have made statements like the one above and set up a seperate price guide for them
KID

Whats with the insults?

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/19/09 11:36 AM

Quote:

KID

Whats with the insults?

He's just saying you kinda set us all up for higher prices with comments like that. At a bare minimum, you should expect to pay more than everyone else by phrasing things that way. And then in the same breath you ask for a Moparts discount? Not cool.

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/19/09 02:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

KID

Whats with the insults?

He's just saying you kinda set us all up for higher prices with comments like that. At a bare minimum, you should expect to pay more than everyone else by phrasing things that way. And then in the same breath you ask for a Moparts discount? Not cool.

What he said!
KID

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/19/09 03:41 PM

Sorry I wasn't as clear. I was simply saying that the quality of his workmanship, I wouldn't care what Belvederes prices was that I would pay for it because there isn't many, if any, that can restore trim like he did. And as for the "discount"- A friend of mine wanted to know if there was a discount. Again, I told my friend the same thing I stated above, thats all. Sorry for making a mistake or not being clear. You know, I think I read "Sorry, I guess I screwed it up for everyone" or something to that effect.
Posted By: Devil

Re: Super Bee tail panel trim... this is how it is done - 02/19/09 05:02 PM

Mark did an incredible job on my 71 Challenger headlight bezels as well. I actually met him in person, showed him a junkyard full of trim... he was in heaven.

Before....

After....

Ryan
© 2024 Moparts Forums