Moparts

1969 Roadrunner Dash and Vinyl Paint

Posted By: Beep Beep

1969 Roadrunner Dash and Vinyl Paint - 11/25/16 07:19 AM

I am looking to purchase paint for my dash, interior vinyl and plastic pieces. I would like to use the SEM brand but does anyone have suggestions to the paint codes for the suede dash paint and dark green vinyl paint? I know Herbs carries only one green color but if anyone has the SEM # that would be great.
Posted By: Stewpar

Re: 1969 Roadrunner Dash and Vinyl Paint - 11/25/16 04:03 PM

They have a stock color of Landeau Black that is a perfect match! Used it on all my cars..... primer
Posted By: Stanton

Re: 1969 Roadrunner Dash and Vinyl Paint - 11/25/16 04:23 PM

OP said GREEN not black !!!
Posted By: Stewpar

Re: 1969 Roadrunner Dash and Vinyl Paint - 11/25/16 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By Beep Beep
I am looking to purchase paint for my dash, interior vinyl and plastic pieces. I would like to use the SEM brand but does anyone have suggestions to the paint codes for the suede dash paint.

Guess I should have been more clear, suede dash paint. They can mix the green at your local distributor............. stirthepot
Posted By: Stanton

Re: 1969 Roadrunner Dash and Vinyl Paint - 11/25/16 11:38 PM

Quote:
They can mix the green at your local distributor.

This is true. But apparently they only have the code to do lacquer and the smallest amount you can buy is a quart at about $100.. Considering a few ounces in a spray bomb will easily cover a dash, that's a lot of extra paint and expense.

There is a guy in Ottawa, Canada selling all the suede colors in spray bombs. He claims he can ship by mail "ground". The stuff is good but I had a real problem getting a consistent finish on the large top surface of the dash (maybe it was too hot out !). Worth an email ...

Attached picture IMG_0866.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0867.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0868.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums