Moparts

Headliner insulation question?

Posted By: HotRod20

Headliner insulation question? - 11/09/16 04:43 PM

What material (if any) are you guys using to replace the factory insulation originally glued to the interior side of the roof skin, above the headliner? This stuff looks like padding from an old sofa.. has anyone produced a sound / insulation product for this application?
Thanks
HotRod20
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Headliner insulation question? - 11/09/16 07:47 PM

This looks interesting:

http://www.lobucrod.com/
Posted By: JMCFAN

Re: Headliner insulation question? - 11/10/16 03:03 AM

Someone makes it... because I bought it( was cut to fit) and gluded it in.. I thought it was Detroit Tech but dont see it on the website...

Any lite insulation type stuff would work....
Posted By: Stewpar

Re: Headliner insulation question? - 11/10/16 06:01 AM

Carpet padding works great and is a better sound insulator. You will never see it once the headliner is installed. up

Re: Headliner insulation question? - 11/10/16 03:45 PM

Thank you!! it makes sense as there are various thicknesses for carpet pad available, and it can be glued in before the headliner goes in.
HotRod20 up
Posted By: 71TA

Re: Headliner insulation question? - 11/10/16 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By JMCFAN
Someone makes it... because I bought it( was cut to fit) and gluded it in.. I thought it was Detroit Tech but dont see it on the website...

Any lite insulation type stuff would work....

I do carry rolls of 3/8" shoddy material that is the most similar to OEM thats available.

3/8"x52"x72" Universal Shoddy Roll

Attached picture Shoddy.jpg

Re: Headliner insulation question? - 11/11/16 02:42 PM

Awesome! thank you...I'll see your products at the WPC meet in Jan 2017.

HotRod20

Re: Headliner insulation question? - 11/12/16 01:24 AM

Were getting ready for this years show already.

Pothole city smile We were pulling a HEAVY 7x14 tandam axle trailer from MI to FL last week for the Big Daddy show in Ocala. Hit that washboard and pothole section the last 10 miles of I 75 before you get to the Ohio boarder. When we got out for gas and a walk around in KY the one trailer wheel was on a 2 degree angle. Had to turn around. New tires and I scuffed that nearly bald. $500 to R&R the axle plus loss of time and sales at the show. Wish I could sue MI or the fraudulent criminal construction companies lining their pockets but doing substandard work. Even the BRAND NEW stretch of I75 just south of the Detroit is TERRIBLE and bumpy compared the the highways in Ohio. Ohios highways are GREAT. The new section they did in Ohio feels like you are floating/hovering.
Posted By: cataclysm80

Re: Headliner insulation question? - 11/15/16 12:36 AM

Do you regularly do the Big Daddy show Jim?
If so, I'll have to stop by and say hello next year. smile

Tav
Posted By: cataclysm80

Re: Headliner insulation question? - 11/15/16 12:39 AM

Many years ago, I ordered the headliner insulation from Year One, and it was a thin white foam pad. I was not at all impressed.

The stuff that Detroit Muscle Technologies sells is top notch.
It looks like the original stuff to me.
I'll be using it on my 70 Roadrunner soon.

Tav

Re: Headliner insulation question? - 11/15/16 07:39 AM

Yep, we were headed down on Thurs but our tandem axle trailer hit a pothole in KY and we had to turn around and drag the one tire 400 miles back home.

We'll be there next year!
© 2024 Moparts Forums