Moparts

Challenger SE Overhead Console Color

Posted By: Erik

Challenger SE Overhead Console Color - 10/14/16 07:35 PM

On a 70 SE, should the Overhead console be color coordinated to the interior color or is it always black? How about the fabric for the headliner?
Posted By: EV2RTSE

Re: Challenger SE Overhead Console Color - 10/14/16 08:04 PM

They were all color coordinated as far as I know. Here's an example in burnt orange-

Attached picture Challenger SE Sail Panels Burnt Orange.JPG
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Challenger SE Overhead Console Color - 10/14/16 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By Erik
On a 70 SE, should the Overhead console be color coordinated to the interior color or is it always black? How about the fabric for the headliner?

Generally the headliner and overhead console were the same color as the main interior, but I'm sure exceptions exists

IIRC your current interior is black/black dyed, if your going to change it back to blue, check with Legendary Interiors or SMS Fabrics if blue headliner mat'l is/or still currently available...

FYI: Tony's parts has new lenses for the overhead console should you need a replacement, limited quantity, don't wait...

Should you need a new board/headliner I make fiberglass replacements for the pressed cardboard originals

Mike

Attached picture colorblue.JPG
Posted By: fk5hemi

Re: Challenger SE Overhead Console Color - 10/14/16 11:48 PM

The headliner in my 70 Cuda is originally a white vinyl overhead console. I have not seen another like it. The back side of the vinyl is ink stamped with pentastar and date. Has anyone else seen a vinyl overhead console car?
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Challenger SE Overhead Console Color - 10/15/16 03:02 AM

Originally Posted By fk5hemi
The headliner in my 70 Cuda is originally a white vinyl overhead console. I have not seen another like it. The back side of the vinyl is ink stamped with pentastar and date. Has anyone else seen a vinyl overhead console car?

I've never seen a white overhead board/console over the decades, I've seen plenty of custom fabrics and furs applied to these cars over the decades by their owners, possibly a custom job you have there? plus the factory was known for having cars out fitted with custom colors, interiors for show/promotion use back in the day, you never know?...some pics would be nice to see
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Challenger SE Overhead Console Color - 10/15/16 03:39 AM

Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
Originally Posted By fk5hemi

I've never seen a white overhead board/console over the decades, I've seen plenty of custom fabrics and furs applied to these cars over the decades by their owners, possibly a custom job you have there? plus the factory was known for having cars out fitted with custom colors, interiors for show/promotion use back in the day, you never know?...some pics would be nice to see

Never seen the use of vinyl, but as Mike says stranger things have happened
Posted By: Erik

Re: Challenger SE Overhead Console Color - 10/17/16 04:52 PM

Thanks, everyone. This swap back to blue is gonna be difficult and expensive!
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Challenger SE Overhead Console Color - 10/17/16 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By Erik
Thanks, everyone. This swap back to blue is gonna be difficult and expensive!

Not well you can sell off black stuff
© 2024 Moparts Forums